Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Weekend Cooks, including a First (for me)

Options
Acn
Acn Posts: 4,424
I cooked on the egg both days this weekend, which is something new recently. Started on Saturday with a tasty beverage
Dinner that night was pretty straightforward, bone in/skin on chicken breast hit with rubs and baking potatoes wrapped in foil.
imageimage

No plated pics, served it with a basic salad (romaine, bell pepper, sliced mushrooms, toasted walnuts, sliced green apple and shaved manchego).

Sunday I did flank steak pinwheels for the first time. These turned out very well, although a bit messy due to my trouble with butterflying the flank steak, and then keeping a tight roll and tie. Here is the flank steak butterflied and seasoned with s&p:
My filling was sautéed onion, garlic and baby spinach, which went on the steak and was covered with slices of provolone.
imageimage
I started indirect at about 325 while I got some baby bok choy ready to go on the egg as well.
imageimage
I moved the pinwheel down for some direct sear when the middle was about 110-115, and put the bok choy on the top rack, and it finished while I rested the pinwheel (pulled at 125 internal). Served with some leftover stewed okra from earlier in the week.
imageimage

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

Comments