Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Give Us Your Most Recent Compliment You Received For Your Cooking.

2»

Comments

• tkleagertkleager Posts: 327
    "Best Damn Chicken I've ever had!"  From a very staunch cattle rancher at the Cattlemans Ball this weekend after my Spatchcock chicken with Mickey's
    No Name City, just between Scottsbluff and Mitchell, NE   Crown!  More Crown!
    Egg: 1 Large with 18" BGE CI Grid, Plate Setter, Lg V-Rack
    Maverick ET-73 and Bear Paws
    Eggheads Everywhere Map
  • BGEXL_NickBGEXL_Nick Posts: 86
    I had 7 people devour a 14lb brisket on Memorial Day. Only had a couple slices and a handful of burnt ends leftover. The compliment wasn't verbal :-)
  • Big_Green_CraigBig_Green_Craig Posts: 296
    Peter Moylan, MLB Pitcher, said, "You are an Egg genius". 

<FLATTERED>
    -Craig              Atlanta, GA

Powered by 1 XL & 1 Med

WEBSITE  /  FACEBOOK  /  TWITTER  
  • jfm0830jfm0830 Posts: 882
    edited June 9
    This happened just this past Saturday at my Big Green Egg dealer's Customer Appreciation Day. It was a double compliment coming from two people. One of the guys at the dealer met my wife for the first time. When he did, he commented on her figure and the fact that she didn't weigh 200 pounds eating my food. My wife said "OMG I know. I try to eat healthy, and eat small portions, and not eat much meat. But Jim's food is so good I can't help myself! Even the meat, I try not to eat too much meat normally. But he puts his food out, whatever it is, and I just totally lose control. I need to be twice as good during the week when I'm at work, to make up for what I eat at home."

Jim
    BBQ Website: grillin' & smokin'

Middlesex County, MA
    Three Large BGE's & Too Many Eggcessories to Count
  • onedbguruonedbguru Posts: 373
    I asked a friend from church if he wanted help bring PP to a gathering.  That simple request turned into a throw-down (him, not me- I said, "that is not necessary" - he said it was.  There was much trash talk from the other side like "there will be a winner- we are a PCA church not a PC church")... 

Guess who won ;) :) 
  • nick_banichnick_banich Posts: 109
    Had my neighbor text me 2 weeks after I did a butt using APL's method for a corn hole tournament. His buddy from work was still talking about it and said "I set a new standard for pulled pork"
    -Large BGE since 6-13
    -Indianapolis, IN

• NanookNanook Posts: 332
    My wife's birthday is this week. I asked her where she wanted to go out to eat. She said she would rather have me cook on the Egg!
    GWN
  • fletcherfamfletcherfam Posts: 797
    I have a couple of them:
    1. My oldest daughter (6) frequently tells people "my dad cooks meat the best."
    2. My mother-in-law frequently tells me that she loves the food off of the egg. She tells me so frequently that I really haven't believed her. So yesterday we are at her 60th birthday party and a stranger comes up to me and says "I hear you are a pretty good cook." Now I believe her.
    3. We did Egret's ham with a locally raised hock last year. My dad, who is 72, said "this is the best ham I have ever had in my entire life."
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 1,877
    @nolaegghead let me know how the commission thing works out, I will be owed a few $$$ as well.

Large BGE 2006, Small BGE 2014, Adjustable Rig R&B, PSWoo3, Thermapen.
    Weber Gasser for the Wife. 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,656

We have been taking up Fresh Market on their steak deals as of late. They have 10 oz NY strip steaks for 7.99.  Every week the wife and I split the steak, have some green beans, and loaded baked potato.  We have been doing this for about 3 weeks..last week we had another couple over for dinner. 

I think its easy to forget how good the egg and chef is until you have someone comment on the food or you eat somewhere else.  This other couple stated that it was the best Steak they had had ever.  It was a great compliment and they are the "foodie" type.  They will tell you if its terrible or great

• SPRIGSSPRIGS Posts: 205
    The most recent was 2 nights ago.  I made 2 ribeyes and 2 T-bones for supper.  My 17 year old got the big T-Bone.  While eating it I asked if it was OK.  He said "it's good" while stuffing his face.  About 30 minutes later he came outside to help me with some landscaping and he said "Dad, I have to be honest - that was probably the best steak I have ever eaten".  That is saying quite a bit coming from my 17 year old as he generally doesn't say much.   
  • GezrGezr Posts: 153
    "More, please".
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.

Afton, VA
  • SoCal_GrillerSoCal_Griller Posts: 396
    APL beef tenderloin. My uncle, who at one time owned a restaraunt, said I should open a restaraunt. It was his way of paying me a nice compliment. I told him all I did was follow directions and Cooked it on the egg. But really I owe it to this forum. I have learned a lot from people on here.
    Simi Valley, California
  • tamu2009tamu2009 Posts: 233
    DAMMMMMMN THAT CHICKEN FRIED RICE IS THE BOMB. 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE - Custom Table - CGW Swing Grate - Fastest Thermapen you can't see because it's camo- Been e-gging ever since 2013! - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • GQuizGQuiz Posts: 624
    Cedar planked some salmon covered with raspberry chipotle sauce for SWMBOs birthday party. Her sister said "simply out of this world."

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • fence0407fence0407 Posts: 644
    Mother-in-law had never tried brisket before (I know, right?!). One bite of my first egged brisket and she was floored. Her and the father-in-law kept saying it was the best brisket they'd ever had (her sample size being 1, but who's counting?)

Weeks later, that brisket still finds it's way into conversations with them...makes a rookie egger proud!
    "I'll be at the 19th hole if you need me"
    Large BGE - ALPHARETTA, GA
    image - 2009 Alumni
  • pasoeggpasoegg Posts: 221
    This is the best free beer I have ever drank!!!

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC