Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great Customer Service from Smokeware

Options
I ordered a new Smokeware cap for a MBGE I picked up from Craigslist. When it didn't arrive in a couple of weeks I checked the tracking number online, USPS showed it arrived at the local post office two days after shipping but had not been delivered. I contacted Smokeware and they sent an inquiry to USPS.
Next time I check online the status had been updated to delivered, 18 minutes after it had been received. Total BS.

I contacted Smokeware again just to let them know what happened. Matt said he would and did send me another one even thought they fulfilled their responsibility.

A great Customer Service experience from a company that makes a great product.
Arlington, TX  1 large, 1 medium, 1 Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Yep Matthew and his Smokeware product are top notch. I had the pleasure of meeting him when I purchased mine directly from him at his location in Jax Beach. Good peeps.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I just ordered two of them a couple days ago. 
    edited June 2014
    Options
    +1 on the "good peeps" - Saturday was the second year I have demoed a Smokeware cap at the Peoria Eggfest. It draws eggperienced eggers like moths to light!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    edited June 2014
    Options
    That's why I always tell people to put the gasket on the cap not on the egg!
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    Proser said:
    I ordered a new Smokeware cap for a MBGE I picked up from Craigslist. When it didn't arrive in a couple of weeks I checked the tracking number online, USPS showed it arrived at the local post office two days after shipping but had not been delivered. I contacted Smokeware and they sent an inquiry to USPS.
    Next time I check online the status had been updated to delivered, 18 minutes after it had been received. Total BS.

I contacted Smokeware again just to let them know what happened. Matt said he would and did send me another one even thought they fulfilled their responsibility.

A great Customer Service experience from a company that makes a great product.
    Great to hear, as I literally just ordered one yesterday! Can't wait to try it out. 
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options

it would be a great product..if I can figure out how to get the black ooze off the egg from the "original" gasket that came with the cap.

Do a burn clean and use some rags, avoid burning yourself to rub off while egg is hot. I got some gasket off since I moved it to the inside of my cap.
    Seattle, WA
  • SJ21XDC
    SJ21XDC Posts: 235
    Options
    What's the advantage of this cap?

XL & Mini-Max

Chattanooga, TN

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

SJ21XDC said:
    Mostly it keeps the rain out, and the vent adjustment is less likely to change from opening the lid.  And it makes the egg look like a rocket ship from Mars.
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Replaces both the daisy and the ceramic cap - no need for either of those. Being stainless steel it will neither rust or fall off and break. Looks nicer to boot! Also serves as a rain bonnet if that helps you in your climate.
  • StillSmoken
    StillSmoken Posts: 327
    Options
    I got one in Eggfest Ga. I have not opened the box yet. Any advice to get the old gasket off that came with the egg? I had one 2 many cocktails on a cook and left the daisy wheel out in the rain over night!!!
    Kennesaw Ga. XL Egg. Cheers, Kevin
  • SJ21XDC
    Options

SJ21XDC said:
    Mostly it keeps the rain out, and the vent adjustment is less likely to change from opening the lid.  And it makes the egg look like a rocket ship from Mars.
    Ok, thanks.  I like the idea of a rocket ship from Mars :)

XL & Mini-Max

Chattanooga, TN

• SJ21XDC
    Options
    RRP said:
    Replaces both the daisy and the ceramic cap - no need for either of those. Being stainless steel it will neither rust or fall off and break. Looks nicer to boot! Also serves as a rain bonnet if that helps you in your climate.
    Ok - thanks!

XL & Mini-Max

Chattanooga, TN