Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Give Us Your Most Recent Compliment You Received For Your Cooking.

Options
2»

Comments

• tkleager
    tkleager Posts: 539
    Options
    "Best Damn Chicken I've ever had!"  From a very staunch cattle rancher at the Cattlemans Ball this weekend after my Spatchcock chicken with Mickey's
    No Name City, just between Scottsbluff and Mitchell, NE   Crown!  More Crown!
    Egg: 1 Large with 18" BGE CI Grid, Plate Setter, Lg V-Rack
    Maverick ET-73 and Bear Paws
    Eggheads Everywhere Map
    Eggheads Everywhere Stat Sheet
    Barbecue is the answer, but while you’re waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions. – Woody Allen
  • BGEXL_Nick
    BGEXL_Nick Posts: 88
    Options
    I had 7 people devour a 14lb brisket on Memorial Day. Only had a couple slices and a handful of burnt ends leftover. The compliment wasn't verbal :-)
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Peter Moylan, MLB Pitcher, said, "You are an Egg genius". 

<FLATTERED>
  • jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    edited June 2014
    Options
    This happened just this past Saturday at my Big Green Egg dealer's Customer Appreciation Day. It was a double compliment coming from two people. One of the guys at the dealer met my wife for the first time. When he did, he commented on her figure and the fact that she didn't weigh 200 pounds eating my food. My wife said "OMG I know. I try to eat healthy, and eat small portions, and not eat much meat. But Jim's food is so good I can't help myself! Even the meat, I try not to eat too much meat normally. But he puts his food out, whatever it is, and I just totally lose control. I need to be twice as good during the week when I'm at work, to make up for what I eat at home."

Jim
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    I asked a friend from church if he wanted help bring PP to a gathering.  That simple request turned into a throw-down (him, not me- I said, "that is not necessary" - he said it was.  There was much trash talk from the other side like "there will be a winner- we are a PCA church not a PC church")... 

Guess who won ;):) 
  • nick_banich
    nick_banich Posts: 110
    Options
    Had my neighbor text me 2 weeks after I did a butt using APL's method for a corn hole tournament. His buddy from work was still talking about it and said "I set a new standard for pulled pork"
    -Large BGE since 6-13
    -Indianapolis, IN

• Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    My wife's birthday is this week. I asked her where she wanted to go out to eat. She said she would rather have me cook on the Egg!
    GWN
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    Options
    I have a couple of them:
    1. My oldest daughter (6) frequently tells people "my dad cooks meat the best."
    2. My mother-in-law frequently tells me that she loves the food off of the egg. She tells me so frequently that I really haven't believed her. So yesterday we are at her 60th birthday party and a stranger comes up to me and says "I hear you are a pretty good cook." Now I believe her.
    3. We did Egret's ham with a locally raised hock last year. My dad, who is 72, said "this is the best ham I have ever had in my entire life."
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    @nolaegghead let me know how the commission thing works out, I will be owed a few $$$ as well.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SPRIGS
    SPRIGS Posts: 482
    Options
    The most recent was 2 nights ago.  I made 2 ribeyes and 2 T-bones for supper.  My 17 year old got the big T-Bone.  While eating it I asked if it was OK.  He said "it's good" while stuffing his face.  About 30 minutes later he came outside to help me with some landscaping and he said "Dad, I have to be honest - that was probably the best steak I have ever eaten".  That is saying quite a bit coming from my 17 year old as he generally doesn't say much.   
    XL BGE
  • Gezr
    Gezr Posts: 154
    Options
    "More, please".
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.

Afton, VA
  • SoCal_Griller
    Options
    APL beef tenderloin. My uncle, who at one time owned a restaraunt, said I should open a restaraunt. It was his way of paying me a nice compliment. I told him all I did was follow directions and Cooked it on the egg. But really I owe it to this forum. I have learned a lot from people on here.
    Simi Valley, California
    LBGE, PBC, Annova, SMOBot
  • tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Options
    DAMMMMMMN THAT CHICKEN FRIED RICE IS THE BOMB. 
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Options
    Cedar planked some salmon covered with raspberry chipotle sauce for SWMBOs birthday party. Her sister said "simply out of this world."

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    Mother-in-law had never tried brisket before (I know, right?!). One bite of my first egged brisket and she was floored. Her and the father-in-law kept saying it was the best brisket they'd ever had (her sample size being 1, but who's counting?)

Weeks later, that brisket still finds it's way into conversations with them...makes a rookie egger proud!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    Options
    This is the best free beer I have ever drank!!!

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC