Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st Time Green Lighting Shrimp

New2Q
New2Q Posts: 171
Shrimp on sale at Central Market so why not try what looked delicious.  I decided to make a meal of it with some garlic butter spinach and use the shrimp to top some capellini tossed with garlic butter and a little of the cilantro garlic butter that also tops the shrimp.  Oh yeah, one more change to the green lightning shrimp - I used lemon juice after taking it off the Egg instead of lime.  I always find lemon a little "brighter" than lime and prefer that with garlic/cilantro.

Anyway, it turned out great and I'll definitely be making it again.

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    I really like the Green Lighting Shrimp. Plate looks awesome!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • New2Q
    New2Q Posts: 171
    Yeah, it's a great recipe.  Even though I'm not a fan of raw cilantro when it's cooked and kept in the right balance with other flavors I think it certainly makes up part of a wonderful taste.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    :-bd I'd be all over that. The wife has been craving shrimp lately and says she should be eating more of it, so that's going on the menu this week.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings