Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I do have an Egg and I do use it! BB Ribs

Options

I haven't done any Baby Back Ribs in two years but I did a rack yesterday.

Rubbed them with some Blues Hog rub.

Set up the medium direct at 230-250 with 4 apple chunks and let it go for 3 hours.

Then put them in a pyrex pan dumped in a can of Coke, covered with foil and back on for another 2 hours.

Took them out of the pan sauced with Blues Hog and back on for a little char.

Fall off the bone wonderful!!!!!

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

Comments

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Sorry for all the duplicate pictures!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Very nice! You didn't use Royal Oak did you? :))
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    I was just enjoying the ribs over and over and over again :D:D

Looks like they turned out fine after the 2yr lapse. Good job!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Options

Thanks for the compliment! :)

Well I do have to admit yes I did! I know it is the worst ever but without paying twice the cost it's all I have. While loading up the egg I did find 1 rock bigger than a golf ball and 5 pieces of fairly raw wood that I tossed over the deck into the woods. JJ

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• xiphoid007
    xiphoid007 Posts: 536
    edited June 2014
    Options
    RO is the best I can get locally as well. I just ordered 10 bags of Ozark Oak online from firecraft. Free shipping when you spend $100.

I may never buy RO again except for emergency or a clean burn. . .
    Pittsburgh, PA - 1 LBGE
  • llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    Options
    RO is the best I can get locally as well. I just ordered 10 bags of Ozark Oak online from firecraft. Free shipping when you spend $100. I may never buy RO again except for emergency or a clean burn. . .
    I was in Springfield , MO for a week and i sure wish i could have gotten more than two bags of Ozark Oak in my Prius but the wife and niece would have been mad if i had left them 900 miles from home :) Hands down the best lump i have  ever used

Id love to take a trailer to Yelleville and get it at the factory last time i check was under $4 a bag for a pallet
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • Jupiter Jim
    Options
    RO is the best I can get locally as well. I just ordered 10 bags of Ozark Oak online from firecraft. Free shipping when you spend $100. I may never buy RO again except for emergency or a clean burn. . .
    I was joking about the Royal Oak! I have been using it for 8 years and I don't see what is so bad about it. Even with free shipping Ozark Oak is twice the cost and I can't see spending more when I like Royal Oak.
    :)>-

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    I was joking about the Royal Oak! I have been using it for 8 years and I don't see what is so bad about it. Even with free shipping Ozark Oak is twice the cost and I can't see spending more when I like Royal Oak.
    :)>-
    I used Royal Oak and was fine with it for the last four years. Recently tried Ozark Oak and Rockwood, and  I have to admit, I like them more. If only Royal Oak was available, I would use it. But it is definitly 3rd on my list.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA