Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork loin from Costco

Options
Picked up a 9.5 pound pork loin from Costco yesterday. I cut it in half today and added Bad Byron's Butt Rub, and smoked with some apple chunks at around 315 degrees until the probe hit 142. Let it rest while SWMBO prepared the potatoes and sliced it up. Not bad for my first pork loin but the rub might be too spicy for our taste in a loin. However, we use it for Boston Butts and love the flavor.

Comments

• Tbonez3858
    Tbonez3858 Posts: 102
    Options
    Looks good! The best advice I've gotten for pork tenderloin is to brine. I was never happy how mine turned out until I started brining.... I brine, hammer flat, put grape jelly, cream cheese, finely chopped jalpenos, roll, wrap in bacon and cook for one hour at 375....It's perfect every time and it's restaurant quality good.
  • KenfromMI
    KenfromMI Posts: 742
    Options
    Haven't tried brining them but this one was pulled at 145, Its a tenderloin though not a whole loin.
    Dearborn MI