Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Give Us Your Most Recent Compliment You Received For Your Cooking.

Options
Today - Preparing some chicken breasts for a simple cook, my 6 year old who is a big Spongbob fan, said "Daddy, you're a good fry cook."

Rating up near Spongebob is pretty good. I'll take it. How about you?
Flint, Michigan

Comments

• Griff2w2
    Griff2w2 Posts: 53
    Options
    SWMBO earlier today. So uh... when are you doing pork again? (Did a shoulder yesterday)
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Today at lunch my 13 year old niece told my 6 year old niece who didn't want to eat any ribs " You should try them they are way better than mom's and dad's ribs. I just smiled inside and said " Prolly Not"

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Not recent but a player at UTC said about my pulled pork vs restaurant pork served next to it...."that **** is juicy as hell".
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    I've heard some good ones but not if they are appropriate for this site.

One of the words I've heard rhymes with Duck.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Ktim
    Ktim Posts: 364
    Options
    Pig candy, took a couple of pounds to work and got compliments from everyone.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I knew this thread would be comedy gold! =))
    Flint, Michigan
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    Silent children.......  Works for me!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    henapple said:

I did have a woman at salado tell her husband to leave so she could "thank me properly" for my jalapeño panty droppers.

I think that might of been my wife, she wouldn't shut up about those things all the way home. I still haven't made them but now I might for a party we are having this week.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options

This guy seemed to like what he got.

Flint, Michigan
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    henapple said:

I did have a woman at salado tell her husband to leave so she could "thank me properly" for my jalapeño panty droppers.

Now that's spicy ;-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    "It's okay I can scrape off the burnt parts". Oops this is a compliment thread. ;-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    After I made brisket for my 12yo nephew the first time. He looked at me straight in the eye a few months later and very solemnly thanked me for introducing him to brisket.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,944
    Options

This guy seemed to like what he got.

One of my good friends is about halfway through Breaking Bad.  The other day he asked me "So I wonder what Tuco's grandpa is up to?"  

I just smiled and said "yes that is one of the big plot holes in Breaking Bad. It's a damn shame they never followed through on that."

:)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Someone asked my wife recently when I was going to give up my position at Duke, open a restaurant, and do something with my life.  
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    It brings me great joy to have folks enjoy each of my cooks. When they take pics of the plating and post it and tag me on FB I'm flattered. I tend to cook like I have a huge gathering so we share a lot with our friends & neighbors.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    On another thread I described my first barbeque contest last weekend.  I got three very nice compliments:
    1.  The Base Commander came up to me after the "Commander's Choice" award was given (I didn't get it) and he told me he wished I could've gotten a tie, said I had the tenderest brisket he's ever had.
    2.  I actually got quite a few "people's choice" votes, was happy about that!
    3.  And, this last week, the contest organizers sent out the actually scores for each team (by team number to keep it semi-anonymous).  My second brisket (used for judging) had a bad crust along the bottom, I couldn't slice the samples cleanly at all; I'm sure I got zero points for presentation.  And yet, my brisket got 5th overall, out of 16 entries!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    Last week I made ribs and a cobbler for neighbors.  Saw them last night and "Pete" said the ribs were awesome, but the cobbler was "out of the park"
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    henapple said:
    I think I need that recipe!
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • xiphoid007
    xiphoid007 Posts: 536
    Options
    Biggest compliment is the boys totally silent and my girls making that "Mmmmm" humming sound while they eat.
    Pittsburgh, PA - 1 LBGE
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I almost forgot. We were over our friends' house and the father told me that one of his friends was distributing this thing on FB asking people to name the best 1) book they read that year; 2) best movie they'd seen that year; and 3) best meal they'd had that year.  He told me the ribs I'd cooked them were the best meal he'd had.  

That was cool.  
  • tyenic1
    tyenic1 Posts: 150
    Options
    Not really a verbal compliment, but cooked 14 good sized bone in pork loin chops yesterday for 10 of us and they ate them all gone. Good enough for me.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Most recent was last night and was actually in regards to the beef ribs my buddy had the week before. He said, "Those beef ribs, what did you do to those?"

My favorite one however is a few times I've been asked if I do this as a job when I've brought the food somewhere.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    Options
    Dad, That's the best pizza I've ever had.
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• sstripes96
    sstripes96 Posts: 152
    Options
    The last pulled pork I did....a good looking neighbor lady asked me if I'd smoke her meat. A couple of smirks and giggles later, I told her I'd smoke her meat anytime.
    Bud
    Large BGE
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    I always get great compliments on my ribs.  And I haven't found anyone that cooks them the same way I do.  What I do different, I didn't do for taste, I did for serving convenience.  But it does expose more meat to the rub, to the smoke, and eventually to the sauce.  I do not cook slabs.  I pre-cut the entire rack or racks into individual ribs.  My last cook of ribs was 6 racks of St. Louis style for a pot luck with about 50+ people.  I use the 3-2-1 method at 225.  My rub is my own concoction as well as my sauce and I doubt I ever make it the exact same each time.  In fact, my last BBQ sauce got a healthy dose of chocolate syrup in it.  Why?  Because it was in the fridge and I thought, this should add an interesting twist.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• KenfromMI
    KenfromMI Posts: 742
    Options
    Many Asian flavored rib recipes call for individual ribs but I have never tried them that way. My Sister in Law cooks them that way with a plum glaze and my Bro says they are awesome.
    Dearborn MI
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited June 2014
    Options
    My daughter had 4 friends from USC over for Memorial day, I smoked 2 Butts and a Packer Brisket, made some Jalepeno poppers with cream cheese and bacon wrapped and wings. One kid said "Mr. White this is the best BBQ I have ever had", the others chimed in immediately after with "yes it is".  >:D<

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Tonight. London Broil. My 11 year old had three helpings, told me "Mom, this really is delicious!" And said I should cook at Eggfest next year. My 9 year old had three helpings and said I should make THIS at Eggfest next year. Love those boys. :)
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • randerson1126
    randerson1126 Posts: 75
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I've cooked a few pork shoulders including my latest turbo. It turned out well enough that I've been asked to duplicate it for about 30 people at a family reunion in July.