Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Awnings

Options
Anyone know where a person can get the green BGE awnings as seen at different Eggfests?  Are they available to purchase?

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Your dealer sells them or at least can order one. I think they run about $120 which isn't that much more than the E-Z Ups available at most sporting goods stores. 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Tony_Wornick
    Options
    Thanks RRP!!  I needed something this morning, started raining as I was lighting the fire.
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Tony I just ordered one from m y dealer it is 349.00 it does come with side curtains also. I thought it was a little high at first till he pulled one out and saw it. It is a well build awning
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    I think the BGE ones are 12x12 as well.  They look HUGE in the stores!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    You're paying $250 for the bge name. Buy a green one.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Tony_Wornick
    Options
    Thanks everyone.  I don't mind sporting the BGE brand, after all, we say it's a cult.
  • badinfluence
    Options
    I'm paying 250 or much then why? Because I want it. Guess if we are talking too much I would not even own 1 egg
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Tony_Wornick
    Options
    @badinfluence I just paid attention to your sig.  You need a big awning for all those eggs!  And I'm like you, I could go get any awning, but I want the BGE one.  I'm hoping to add at least a medium to my large, but will probably just get another large.
  • badinfluence
    Options
    Tony yeah I need to change that again as I added another med. Yesterday thinking of having my harley painted BGE green

Clinton, Iowa
  • RRP
    Options
    Thanks RRP!!  I needed something this morning, started raining as I was lighting the fire.

Sorry if I mislead you but just yesterday morning my dealer told me $120. It did not have side panels etc so I wonder if you can buy different options. Just the same my 8 year old nonBGE and nonE-Z Up brand that I paid $80 for looks and works fine. It keeps the rain off! BTW you do know don't you that those suckers can become airborne missiles in very little wind, don't you? I hate carrying 4 cement blocks with me to Eggfests, but weight is needed. I recall discussions in the past about liability if one of those go airborne in a parking lot and all the superficial damage they could do to paint on cars and trucks! Just sayin...
  • EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Options
    As I recall, at the Athens Eggest (Texas), they sold the ones used during the fest for only $100 each, because they were "used".  That's a good way to go if you can catch it at the end of Eggfest season.
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Tony_Wornick
    Options
    Thanks @eggobsessed.  I didn't even know Athens had and Eggfest.  The only one I've seen is Austin.  I'll have to keep a better eye out.
  • badinfluence
    Options
    Looking at some of the pic's from the peoria eggfest (I was there but really late) the awning I ordered seemed sturdier as all aluminum frame and side panels so don't know if there are different ones or not. Dealer I talked to was Jim prescott in sterling illinois

Clinton, Iowa
  • RRP
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Looking at some of the pic's from the peoria eggfest (I was there but really late) the awning I ordered seemed sturdier as all aluminum frame and side panels so don't know if there are different ones or not. Dealer I talked to was Jim prescott in sterling illinois

Sorry I missed you, Saturday in Peoria. I helped Rich and Wendy break in their new Large egg that day. I didn't leave until at least 2:30 that day so I missed the sale of their medium to you. You, sir are an egg collector! LOL
  • badinfluence
    Options
    RPR collector or my wife would say a sick addiction but she don't complain when she doesn't have to cook. I finally did go to sterling to check out the shop there. Wow was i impressed. A lot of stuff there...
    egg tables from BGE and challenger in Stock and lots of egg stuff. Well a little less egg stuff now that i was there...

Clinton, Iowa
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    edited June 2014
    Options
    RRP said:

Sorry if I mislead you but just yesterday morning my dealer told me $120. It did not have side panels etc so I wonder if you can buy different options. Just the same my 8 year old nonBGE and nonE-Z Up brand that I paid $80 for looks and works fine. It keeps the rain off! BTW you do know don't you that those suckers can become airborne missiles in very little wind, don't you? I hate carrying 4 cement blocks with me to Eggfests, but weight is needed. I recall discussions in the past about liability if one of those go airborne in a parking lot and all the superficial damage they could do to paint on cars and trucks! Just sayin...
    At the Toronto Eggfest they anchor those awnings down with 4, 5-gallon buckets filled with water.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.