Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

LOVE my new LR handle!!

Options
A couple of weeks ago, I asked Lawn Ranger (over on the other forum) if he would do me a favor and whip up one of his awesome handles for my large. To my delight, he agreed. I didn't want my name carved in it... so far, I can remember who I am.  :D  I just asked for a bit of a rustic look, maybe with a knot or two. 

This is EXACTLY what I was hoping for. Ain't it purty? :)

Thanks, my friend!! 

imageimageimage

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

Comments

• ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    That looks good. My handle fell off a couple years ago, just have the black metal right now.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Can he make more of them?

If so, I would like to purchase one for my LBGE.
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    nolan8v said:
    Can he make more of them?

If so, I would like to purchase one for my LBGE.
    You'll can contact him through http://www.greeneggers.com. Don't think he hangs out over here. His handle is Lawn Ranger.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• nolan8v
    Options
    Carolina Q,

I will do that.

Thanks!
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Options
    Looks great. Did your original one break, or did you just want a new look?

XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    mcmac said:
    Looks great. Did your original one break, or did you just want a new look?

My pup chewed up my mini handle so I moved the original large handle there. Plus I've always liked his handles.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• nolan8v
    Options
    Carolina Q,

Check your inbox.
    Chris Rose 

• dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    Options
    Very nice.
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    From what I have seen on the forums, Lawn Ranger is a master at his craft!  You are lucky to have some of his work.  :)

I bought a pair of handles from "Sparky" a couple of years ago, they look like this

Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    @smbishop Sparky and Lawn Ranger both do beautify work.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    gridlifter@gmailm.com

Lawn ranger
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    ads75 said:

That looks good. My handle fell off a couple years ago, just have the black metal right now.

I have a small handle you can have if you're willing to cover shipping.

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Austin Egghead Yes they do!!!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    henapple said:

gridlifter@gmailm.com

Lawn ranger

That's a handle? I thought that was some sort of hillbilly back scratcher.
    Flint, Michigan