Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

€%#}%*}{#^!!!!!!

Options
DaveRichardson
DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
edited June 2014 in Off Topic
Dang A/C unit to the house froze up last night!!! Trying to just run the fan to help thaw it out.... But it might be cooler IN my BGE than in my house today!!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,945
    Options
    That sucks. My situation is worse though. Discovered this morning that my coffee maker, that is less than a year old, is no longer working. It's a good thing nobody else is in the house, because I would have killed them.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    No coffee in my situation would mean instant death to any who get in my way!

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @DaveRichardson‌ another alternative to defrost would be switching over to heat mode for a few minutes ("if" you have a heat pump). Either way you'll need a service technician because you're likely low on refrigerant. And/or a restriction in airflow due to a clogged filter, clogged evaporator coil or blower will also cause freeze ups. Good luck.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Air conditioning??

:D

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    Have had both happen, the former is far worse in my case as my next door neighbor runs an AC business and I had to drive to Starbucks to get a cup of coffee!
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌ Standard AC here.... I'm sure refrigerant is low; it's been running a little warm for this season so far..... Ran into a buddy last night at a home improvement store whose husband is an A/C guy. She is sending him over this afternoon. SCORE!!!

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Hopefully you don't get cramps. LOL
  • Nsdexter
    Nsdexter Posts: 195
    Options
    It hasn't been over 20 Celsius here yet:(
    HFX NS
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    BYS1981 said:

Hopefully you don't get cramps. LOL

I see what you did there...
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    No cramps.... I'm sponsored by Gatoraide....