Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

€%#}%*}{#^!!!!!!

DaveRichardsonDaveRichardson Posts: 905
edited June 2014 in Off Topic
Dang A/C unit to the house froze up last night!!! Trying to just run the fan to help thaw it out.... But it might be cooler IN my BGE than in my house today!!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are still in our right minds!

image.jpg 2.7M
image.jpg 2.7M
·

Comments

• JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 2,455
    That sucks. My situation is worse though. Discovered this morning that my coffee maker, that is less than a year old, is no longer working. It's a good thing nobody else is in the house, because I would have killed them.
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
    ·
  • No coffee in my situation would mean instant death to any who get in my way!

·
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 10,843
    @DaveRichardson‌ another alternative to defrost would be switching over to heat mode for a few minutes ("if" you have a heat pump). Either way you'll need a service technician because you're likely low on refrigerant. And/or a restriction in airflow due to a clogged filter, clogged evaporator coil or blower will also cause freeze ups. Good luck.
    LBGE 2012, Mini MAX 2014, SS Table and Stoker
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,359
    Air conditioning??

:D
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

·
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,272
    Have had both happen, the former is far worse in my case as my next door neighbor runs an AC business and I had to drive to Starbucks to get a cup of coffee!
    ·
  • @NPHuskerFL‌ Standard AC here.... I'm sure refrigerant is low; it's been running a little warm for this season so far..... Ran into a buddy last night at a home improvement store whose husband is an A/C guy. She is sending him over this afternoon. SCORE!!!

·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,951
    Hopefully you don't get cramps. LOL
    ·
  • NsdexterNsdexter Posts: 149
    It hasn't been over 20 Celsius here yet:(
    HFX NS
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,290
    BYS1981 said:

Hopefully you don't get cramps. LOL

I see what you did there...
    ·
  • No cramps.... I'm sponsored by Gatoraide....

·