Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Looking for a good Eggfest to attend

Good morning everyone, 

I was talking with our fellow eggheads last night and we all would like to attend an Eggfest somewhere in the US approximately 8 hours or less from the Ontario/Michigan border?  Any suggestions to a good sized and organized Eggfest that we could make our way to this year?  Normally we always try to attend the Octoberfest in Atlanta, but with the Canadian Thanksgiving falling on the same weekend, it makes it difficult to get away from the family events going on.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Large BGE 2011, Mini Max 2015, Digi Q DX2, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from Delaware, Ontario, Canada 

·

Comments

• nealcr1nealcr1 Posts: 179
    Mini Max, Medium BGE, Large BGE, Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman, Digi Q II, Woo 2, AR with Oval setup
    ·
  • MawgerMawger Posts: 40

Not sure exactly how far it would be; but I would highly recommend the Cincinnati Porkopolis in July. If you are near the MI and Ohio border it would work for your distance preference. A lot closer than Atlanta for you for sure.  Porkopolis is a great fest.  This is their third year and it's awesome. 

Sandy

·
  • HibbyHibby Posts: 456
    Porkopolis is definitely worth attending
    Conservative stalwart in Thornville, Ohio
    ·
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,699

All Eggfests are good, just some are better than others. Each has its own personality.  Look at the list and pick two to attend closer to home.  That way you double your fun.

Spring "Been To A Bunch" Chicken

Spring Texas USA

·
  • Monty77Monty77 Posts: 413
    Thanks all, we are considering the Pennsylvania Eggfest on September 6, I'll run the Porkopolis by the group, but I think July is out due to all other activities happening! 
    Large BGE 2011, Mini Max 2015, Digi Q DX2, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from Delaware, Ontario, Canada 

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,406
    Dizzyfest in November if you don't mind a little further.
    ·
  • Monty77Monty77 Posts: 413
    I may go far a road trip to the Pittsburgh one myself as well, its about 6 hours drive from here.  I don't see a dizzyfest in november on their web page? 

·