Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Toronto Eggfest

Great day at the Toronto Eggfest today. Good to see many of you there. Just got things cleaned up and put away and now sitting on the deck enjoying a cold IPA trying to decide what to egg for dinner.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Pics, man... we need pics! ! :)

With all the prep work you folks were doing, I bet it was nothing less than stellar.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Details, man, details.  What did you cook?  What was the most impressive dish there?  Did Steve get intoxicated and do something embarrassing?  Pictures.  We need some pictures.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Bustersdad
    Bustersdad Posts: 311
    I was there, could only stay a couple of hours. Beautiful day, great chefs and food. Sorry no pics here. Steve was busy while I was there.
  • ReldtiCDN
    ReldtiCDN Posts: 142
    edited June 2014
    I know TON took pictures, saw him hovering his phone over his cook. Or maybe he has a new technique for eggin he'd like to share. He did make some great food as did everyone.
    I must say I was dissapointed with Steve (not one crazy thing) but they did put him furthest away from the bar. He even wore a tie! I think he was on a mission to make the best food today.
    Brampton, Ontario

• caliking
    What I want to know is - who cooked LS's satay for him? ?

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Sorry, I was too tired to bother with pics last night. Here's a few that I took during the day. Lot's of good food was served including - @Pantsypants cinnamon rolls and wings, @Cannughead and his tandoori chicken, @Gabriegger  veal rolls and lamb sausage. I don't think I got a taste of Steven's satay but so I don't know if it was any good or not? I'm sure that I got to sample other food from other forum members but it was hard to keep track of what was being brought over to our cooking station.

A couple of spatchcocked chickens that went into a chicken pisole

Brisket sliders on and off the egg

Grilled pork tenderloins

Pickled Okra and Cowboy Candy (i.e., candied jalapenos)

Pecan cobbler (guess I didn't get a picture of the peach cobbler)

The Toronto skyline

Little Steven assisting a fellow egger with his meatloaf

Team TexanOfTheNorth

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    What a fun day ! great food and great people .

I am still so full !!
    @Texanofthenorth those Brisket sliders were great , but that pecan cobbler i think was my favorite .

I have some pics that i will post in a bit .

It was a lot of work and a lot of prep but well worth it . It really was a fun day .I look forward to the next one

Toronto
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    edited June 2014
    What a fun day ! great food and great people .

I am still so full !!
    @Texanofthenorth those Brisket sliders were great , but that pecan cobbler i think was my favorite .

I have some pics that i will post in a bit .

It was a lot of work and a lot of prep but well worth it . It really was a fun day .I look forward to the next one

Yeah, that was a great brisket. Can't remember offhand where I got it? :-?

I can't make it down this year but, there's an eggfest down in Niagara in Aug. I think Gary is cooking down there... you should sign up too!

I may sign up ,
    The this Karen wasnt 100 % into cooking as she has spent to much time in a production kitchen so the day seemed a bit to much like work .
    I think i learned a couple lessons and would probably do a couple things differently next time

that said we will probably come up for the day and cook

Toronto
  • ReldtiCDN
    ReldtiCDN Posts: 142
    I saw Dicksons were selling the Limited Edition Smokeware caps at eggfest. Almost bit on getting one but I have a plain one already and don't want to start a side hobby collecting caps to hang on the wall.
    Brampton, Ontario

• caliking
    That's it. I'm going to TO next year! Thanks for the pics.

And love the apron!

• pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Oh do you mean this one ?image
    Toronto
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    caliking said:
    That's it. I'm going to TO next year! Thanks for the pics. And love the apron!
    Thanks,,, Mrs, TOTN gets all the credit for the apron.
    edited June 2014
    Oh do you mean this one ?
    Thats it!
    Look your gonna get that dirty putting it on there.

I also want to thank all the chefs for doing a great job. It was like a buffet of meat yaaaa!
    Details, man, details.  What did you cook?  What was the most impressive dish there?  Did Steve get intoxicated and do something embarrassing?  Pictures.  We need some pictures.
    Oh almost forgot Steve did ask me if I wanted a punch in the nose. Guess I shouldn't of asked him to stand up.
    Brampton, Ontario

• TexanOfTheNorth
    @pantyspants... did you get a second cap for your new XL?
    Couldn't ask for better weather and big thanks to Dickson's, sponsors, cooks, volunteers and tasters for making it another great year! Also nice meeting old friends and making new ones!  All the cooks cranked out amazing food all day long, by around 1-2 pm I could tell everyone was in food coma! Here are some random pics of places, people and food, no I didn't cook any of the food shown!

canuckland
  • pantsypants
    Great pics Gary .
    Thanks

Toronto
  • pantsypants
    @pantyspants... did you get a second cap for your new XL?

I just got the one cap , when the large grows up he can take it .
    There is a long list of  eggscesories I need to get for the xl before the vented cap . Although the AR for the large fits on top of the stock grill on the xl  but i would like a raised grill for the xl .

I ended up signing up to cook in Niagara. 

Toronto
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Great pics @canugghead!

@Pantsypants... hope you have fun down in Niagara. If my first grandchild/son was not due Aug. 9th in Denver, I'd have signed up too. Obviously, I've decided to be down there instead.

Great pics @canugghead!

@Pantsypants... hope you have fun down in Niagara. If my first grandchild/son was not due Aug. 9th in Denver, I'd have signed up too. Obviously, I've decided to be down there instead.

I question your priorities !!

:D:D
    Toronto
  • gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682
    Posting from work today cuz we lost power on Saturday afternoon and for some reason my Mac won't boot.
    We had a blast on Saturday. Fourth Toronto fest, first time cooking. Wouldn't do it any other way. Great to see @TexanOfTheNorth‌ - thanks for the pickled orca and cowboy candy. The team leader is still talking about your peach cobbler. Lots of great food everywhere. Got a kick out of @Canugghead‌ making the rounds serving the other cooks. Finally got to meet @pantsypants - we are thinking if heading to Niagra as well. Shared a spot with Jean and his great wife - sorry can't remember her name. They have the balls - bought their Egg in March and signed on to cook this year. Lamb sausage mentioned above was theirs, along with other great dishes. Didn't take much time to take pics but here's a few of the team leader and her veal cutlets with provolone cheese and arugula. Apologies to @LittleSteven for scoring last year's spot from him which by the way was closest to the bar this year. From the shot of team gabriegger it had its benefits. Gabe is planning next year's menu already.
    Oh Lordy!

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• TexanOfTheNorth
    @Gabriegger, more importantly, that spot was closest to the entrance of that pool bar. Lordy, lordy! Although maybe you were too busy to notice any of that?  ;)
    @Gabriegger, more importantly, that spot was closest to the entrance of that pool bar. Lordy, lordy! Although maybe you were too busy to notice any of that?  ;)

I was the farthest away from those shenanigans and even I noticed that . !!

@gabriegger are you sure you can make the trek all the way from woodbridge ? isnt that like 14 hours ?

Toronto
  • gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682
    @TexanOfTheNorth‌ @pantsypants‌ oh Oh I had one eye on that action for sure. Don't know how many times Gabe asked 'did you see what she is wearing?' Niagra fest is only an hour and half Italian driving time from Noodleville.

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• pantsypants
    Awesome .
    I hope to see you there
    Toronto
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    A side note Dickson is a great follow on instagram.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    BYS1981 said:

A side note Dickson is a great follow on instagram.

Link?
    edited June 2014
    @TexanOfTheNorth Thanks for the delicious cowboy candy and pickled okra, love the jar lid design, and your apron of course! Too bad we'll miss you at Niagara, all the best with your first grandchild.

@pantsypants Nice sharing the tent with you folks, glad I didn't make myself look stupid trying to bake next to a pro!

@gabriegger say thanks to your swmbo for bringing us great foods too. Ya I was really impressed with Jean and his wife's cooking, this been their first cook and they bought their egg just three months ago!  Jean, if you're reading this, my offer for ride to Niagara still stands! 

btw, @gmac , did I miss you?

Anyone heard from LS ???
    canuckland
  • pantsypants
    Yeah I heard from LS .

Imagine my surprise of opening up the  new XL i brought home to find @LittleSteven passed out in it

Toronto