Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Go Chrome Go

Options
Another few minutes and we will know if he is the triple crown winner.
Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Didn't happen...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,944
    Options
    LOL I thought this would be something about Google Chrome.  Shows you how out of it I am.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    We just watched the Chromcast.  I was rooting for Chrome.  Sadly, it's still 36 years since the last triple crown.
    Options
    Well at least he will have a very nice retirement.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options
    @gpsegg-All in with your wife-but when you dial in injuries and other reasons  for skipping one then you are on a slippery  slope.  I'm all for a fair race but in this day and age that will be tough to find.  36  years on and "there's always next year!!"  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • gpsegg
    gpsegg Posts: 427
    Options
    I actually think that under the current rules the triple crown means so much more and is that much more impressive! Truly beat all challengers regardless!
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Options

Disappointed to see California Chrome go down.  Tonalist did win me a $50 spot though in a local pool!

Packerland, Wisconsin

• CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options

I was rooting for this horse and it's connections. The sport could use a good story and hero. Looks like the horse had very little in the tank, though. The owner's comments after the race and again this morning show me he is a poor loser. He lost my respect. Too bad. It was a nice story.

Changing/relaxing the rules for earning the Triple Crown is a bad idea. It is hard. It is supposed to be an imposing test. That is what makes it special. If it were easier then noone would care. Keep in mind that each of the Triple Crown races stands on it's own as a big time grade one stakes race. To be a Triple Crown winner you must take on all comers.(I would not mind some bonus for horses competing in all three legs)

Jim

LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Well at least he will have a very nice retirement.

My all time favorite line from The Office went something like this:

Dwight:  "Our horse took second in the derby; the following year took first in the county fair jerky contest.......Majestic beast......So fast......So tender."