Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chick-fil-a

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545
    But they are giving away an Egg...
    %-(
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    hapster said:
    I think this forum needs an alcohol fueled thread filled with self righteous rants every once in a while just to help maintain it's edge.

These things gotta happen every five months or so. Helps to get rid of the bad blood. Been ten months since the last one. You know, you gotta stop them at the beginning. Like they should have stopped Hitler at Munich, they should have never let him get away with that, they was just asking for trouble.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • EggerinLA
    EggerinLA Posts: 186
    Good job, nolajerk, Good job. Bringing politics, which should be the 3rd rail of topics here (lose friends and respect that way) and then keep going after people ask you to stop talking about it in a nice way. If you can't handle the hard water, without acting a fool on a message board (really is your life that crappy?), then stop drinking. I loved this. True colors.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    This is so fun. It's also very hard to stay out of.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Gogogordy
    Gogogordy Posts: 460
    edited June 2014
    Best Chicken sammiches in the fast-food universe, as well as customer service. Thats what they peddle...their underlying politics and beliefs are their constitutional right...and everyone and every business has a right to have them. (Take a peek under an In-and-Cup sometime. Disney). Vote with your pocketbook, but don't vilify them for standing for that they believe in. Thats what makes America great (even if you dont agree with the opinion.)
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Mmmmm. Chicken bacon egg cheese bagel here I come.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Fun post!!

I knew there were anti-gay organizations out there, but I didn't know there were anti-fat people reproduction peeps out there. :-? I now know what I'm doing for breakfast...I'm going to go get a couple of CFA breakfast combos and eat them while I try to impregnate my wife. \:D/
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    edited June 2014
    @EggerinLA‌ Your point might have more value if you weren't hiding behind a different handle. Quit being a coward and post your opinions from your real handle.
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Nola, I'm still waiting for my Shun knife.
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Ok, everyone put down the bottle and roll a fatty!
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    cazzy said:
    Fun post!! I knew there were anti-gay organizations out there, but I didn't know there were anti-fat people reproduction peeps out there. :-? I now know what I'm doing for breakfast...I'm going to go get a couple of CFA breakfast combos and eat them while I try to impregnate my wife. \:D/
    Anti-obesity crowd is huge. And the people who are proud to be fat are also huge (hehe)

They are easy to spot. They tend to be the ones who use the made-up Monroe quote about a size zero (though size zero, and that sizing system, did not exist when she was alive) and they post pictures of attractive women who weigh 150lbs but they weight over 200 and are disgusting looking. 

Obesity is America's biggest health issue and one of biggest cost issues. Linked to over 60 diseases, approx 20% of healthcare cost in America is related to obesity, etc. Can go on for a long time with how drastic the impact obesity has in America. If I could restrict one crowd of people from reproducing it would be obese people. 
    Boom
  • FanOfFanboys
    hornhonk said:
    Ok, everyone put down the bottle and roll a fatty!
    I prefer vape 
    Boom
  • stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    Just realize that donations are made from excess profits.
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    @FanOfFanboys is not a FanOfFatBoys.  (or girls).  :P

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• FanOfFanboys
    @FanOfFanboys is not a FanOfFatBoys.  (or girls).  :P
    Haha!
    Boom
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    cazzy said:
    Fun post!! I knew there were anti-gay organizations out there, but I didn't know there were anti-fat people reproduction peeps out there. :-? I now know what I'm doing for breakfast...I'm going to go get a couple of CFA breakfast combos and eat them while I try to impregnate my wife. \:D/
    Anti-obesity crowd is huge. And the people who are proud to be fat are also huge (hehe)

They are easy to spot. They tend to be the ones who use the made-up Monroe quote about a size zero (though size zero, and that sizing system, did not exist when she was alive) and they post pictures of attractive women who weigh 150lbs but they weight over 200 and are disgusting looking. 

Obesity is America's biggest health issue and one of biggest cost issues. Linked to over 60 diseases, approx 20% of healthcare cost in America is related to obesity, etc. Can go on for a long time with how drastic the impact obesity has in America. If I could restrict one crowd of people from reproducing it would be obese people. 
    Hmmm... I'd say your argument and problem is more likely with the huge food companies that produce all the food with high fructose corn syrup, added this, "enriched" that... Funny how that the healthiest and most natural of foods are priced out of the average family's food budget. yet for $10 that same family can get a sack full of stuff to eat McD's... I guess you are okay with companies like Monsanto etc. that are pushing for GMOs and things like that. How do "good Christians" feel about companies like that are altering the way God created food? I guess they are okay with it as long as its eaten by groups and people they don't approve of...

Fat people reproducing is isn't what's driving the obesity issue... And that belief is just as bigoted as some of the others expressed during the course of this thread.
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    edited June 2014
    How would you two bigot jerks like it if I had a fast food joint that pumped millions of dollars into making your sexual preference illegal?  Pretty pissed off I would imagine. Think about that if you're capable of empathy, however, I doubt it's possible. 

Wow.....way to live up to expectations.  Do you always come across as so judgmental and accusatory toward people you've never met and don't know even in the least?  Seems awful defensive to me.  I know that's the "in" thing to do lately, you know, accuse folks who don't see eye to eye with you as being a bigot or a part of some horrid hate group. 

You don't know me, have never met me, haven't a clue of anything I think or am about.  Typical of the thought police.....

Edit** And FYI, I said I AGREED with you on your live and let live philosophy and still get called a bigot jerk.  What happens when I don't agree?  Gonna' send the Gestapo?

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• On way to CFA right now for a large hate sandwich with a side of discriminating waffle fries and an intolerant diet coke. Does that make me a bad person?

That prius with the coexist bumper sticker better gtfomw!   HONK-HONK!!
    Gittin' there...
  • Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Can't believe these evil haters are just giving away an Egg......the nerve.......!!
    GWN
  • cazzy

On way to CFA right now for a large hate sandwich with a side of discriminating waffle fries and an intolerant diet coke. Does that make me a bad person?

If you want to reproduce without judgment, show restraint and don't get fat. ;)
  • FanOfFanboys
    hapster said:
    cazzy said:

Hmmm... I'd say your argument and problem is more likely with the huge food companies that produce all the food with high fructose corn syrup, added this, "enriched" that... Funny how that the healthiest and most natural of foods are priced out of the average family's food budget. yet for $10 that same family can get a sack full of stuff to eat McD's... I guess you are okay with companies like Monsanto etc. that are pushing for GMOs and things like that. How do "good Christians" feel about companies like that are altering the way God created food? I guess they are okay with it as long as its eaten by groups and people they don't approve of...

Fat people reproducing is isn't what's driving the obesity issue... And that belief is just as bigoted as some of the others expressed during the course of this thread.
    I'd guess you are not good at guessing. Just based on how stupid you come across in this post.

I am highly against Monsanto and companies like them. Also, you sound like you need education on exactly GMO food is. It is not always a bad thing but it can be. 

I buy almost all my produce from local farmers markets. I am not a Christian. 

And there is a correlation between poverty and obesity. Some of that is the cost of healthy food versus unhealthy food. But it is foolish to assume that is the only issue. Obesity is seen across all income levels and is growing at an incredibly fast rate, especially amongst children. 20 years ago not a single state had an obesity rate above 15%. Today 41 states have obesity rate over 41%. That has more to do with just McDonalds. 

The factors are many, wide, and deep. My biggest issue with obesity is the people who are aware and justify it. They are all adults who know exercise is good yet they avoid it. They know certain foods are bad yet they eat it. They are a burden, financially, on this country at an astronomical rate. They excuse and justify their obesity and act is if the problem is not them. 

And obese people tend to raise obese kids because exercise and proper eating habits are not taught. If a person, barring major economical disadvantage, wanted to eat healthy they could. The average American certainly can afford to eat better than $10 worth of food at McDonalds and it is ignorant of true root cause to think otherwise. 
    Boom
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Just don't reproduce 19 times and then go to a fertility doctor to see if you can continue to do so.

Man I hate that show. SWMBO and my 12 yr old daughter can't get enough. I don't get it.

Sorry, just had to toss something else in here. :))
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • FanOfFanboys
    cazzy said:
    On way to CFA right now for a large hate sandwich with a side of discriminating waffle fries and an intolerant diet coke. Does that make me a bad person?

If you want to reproduce without judgment, show restraint and don't get fat. ;)
    At least in Columbia where I live most people who eat at CFA are not obese. They view fast food as occasional treat and tend to overall live healthy lives. I worked there for over a year so I have good idea of this location's average customer. Compare average CFA customer's health to that of one at McDonalds. Same goes for employee. CFA tends to hire teenagers, McDonalds hires 33 year with 3 kids and complains the government does not pay them enough to raise a family
    Boom
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    hapster said:
    cazzy said:

I'd guess you are not good at guessing. Just based on how stupid you come across in this post.

I am highly against Monsanto and companies like them. Also, you sound like you need education on exactly GMO food is. It is not always a bad thing but it can be. 

And there is a correlation between poverty and obesity. Some of that is the cost of healthy food versus unhealthy food. But it is foolish to assume that is the only issue. Obesity is seen across all income levels and is growing at an incredibly fast rate, especially amongst children. 20 years ago not a single state had an obesity rate above 15%. Today 41 states have obesity rate over 41%. That has more to do with just McDonalds. 

The factors are many, wide, and deep. My biggest issue with obesity is the people who are aware and justify it. They are all adults who know exercise is good yet they avoid it. They know certain foods are bad yet they eat it. They are a burden, financially, on this country at an astronomical rate. They excuse and justify their obesity and act is if the problem is not them. 

And obese people tend to raise obese kids because exercise and proper eating habits are not taught. If a person, barring major economical disadvantage, wanted to eat healthy they could. The average American certainly can afford to eat better than $10 worth of food at McDonalds and it is ignorant of true root cause to think otherwise. 
    Really... So I guess for you the simple solution is not having them reproduce?

I don't assume anything...

Read this
    http://www.amazon.com/Why-We-Get-Fat-About/dp/0307272702/ref=sr_1_http://www.amazon.com/Why-We-Get-Fat-About/dp/0307474259/
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Fat people causing brisket prices to rise.
  • Nanook
    Maybe I better lay off of chicken wings and pulled pork!! :\">
    GWN
  • cazzy
    edited June 2014
    @FanOfFanboys‌

Obesity is a problem in America, but just in case you didn't know, fat people work, carry insurance and pay taxes too.

There are millions of fat and skinny people leeching off of the government. Our welfare, food stamps and unemployment policies are the true burden on this country. Make these freeloaders take a drug test, don't allow them to sell their food stamps and give them enough to survive and not thrive and maybe they'll be motivated to seek employment.

You seem very passionate and educated on the subject, but saying fat people shouldn't reproduce makes you look judgemental and ignorant. Promote healthy living, but keep that **** to yourself because it discredits your message.
  • FanOfFanboys
    hapster said:
    hapster said:
    cazzy said:

Really... So I guess for you the simple solution is not having them reproduce?

I don't assume anything...

Read this
    http://www.amazon.com/Why-We-Get-Fat-About/dp/0307272702/ref=sr_1_http://www.amazon.com/Why-We-Get-Fat-About/dp/0307474259/
    You make several assumptions, then in next post say you don't assume anything. Got it. 

And there is no simple solution. You missed the part where I said the factors for obesity are many, wide, and deep. 

Boom
  • This is like a car wreck and I can't help but look.

Little Rock, AR

• Nanook
    Sooooo.....what's for dinner.....?
    GWN