Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looflighter

Options
Wolfpack
Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
As an FYI- williams sonoma has these on sale for $55... Best price I have seen.
Greensboro, NC

Comments

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    That is a great deal, and it is free shipping!  Here is the link
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • msloan
    msloan Posts: 399
    Options
    wow that is great!  i paid a bit more for mine.  but i love it.
    gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!
  • tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    edited June 2014
    Options

That is a great price.  I used the Looftlighter for about a year, and it is a good product,  It lights the BGE relatively quickly.  However, once you try the Map Gas Weed Torch, all other lighting methods pale in comparison.  It is $40 on Amazon, and the Map gas is @$10 for a cylinder that lasts 4 months at 4 nights a week.  Or you can use propane @$4 without much of a decrease in BTUs.  Ne electricity required, and lights the Egg much faster than even the Looftlighter.  It is every bit as safe as the Looftlighter - maybe safer, because you aren't blowing the sparks around.

Santa Paula, CA
  • ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    And its ordered...

Thanks for letting us know about the deal.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • Cremon
    Cremon Posts: 21
    Options
    I love my looflighter.  Spoils me rotten.  I paid $70 for mine new but I have heard stories of people spotting one on Ebay for $40.

I have noticed it takes a bit for the looftlighter to get hot when you first fire it up.  I like to light my coals in two places in the firebox to get it started.  My first one will take about a minute to get going.  But when I put it on the second area in the charcoal, it's smoking and popping after 20 seconds.
    Marietta, GA

Big Green Egg XL, 
    Cheap char grill for quick grilling
    110,000 BTU outdoor propane burner with an 18" Chinese wok.
  • Miked125
    Miked125 Posts: 481
    Options
    I bought the costco knock off for $30 works great
  • Husker_13
    Husker_13 Posts: 29
    Options
    I agree with the weed torch. I also bought the looftlighter when I first bought my XL 2yrs ago but won't go back to it. It works well but no comparison to the cost and ease of use for the torch. Would also recommend the same model weed torch as shown above. I had already bought one a few yrs ago for my weeds and wish I would have joined this forum before I spent the 70 bucks at the BGE dealer.
  • Caymanite
    Caymanite Posts: 57
    Options
    I love my little starting cubes. No extension cord, just light it and walk away.
    Large BGE - Jupiter, FL