Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's your favorite music to Egg by?

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Been listening to the Chris Robinson Brotherhood lately.  Always love me some Corey Smith too.
    Love CRB!  Got the Betty's Blend releases and wore those out last weekend.  Currently listening at work.  Gonna see them and Rat Dog in September.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Chris Robinson was the first concert I went to that really blew my mind.  Show was at small venue called Newport Music Hall on Ohio State's campus.  We were few rows back from him . . . amazing.   I have seen Black Crowes a few times since but nothing will compare to that show I went to as a teen! 
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    WeberWho? said:
    The Doors - Light my Fire
    Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire
    Billy Joel - We didn't start the fire.
    Bloodhound Gang - The roof is on fire
    Usher - Let it Burn
    I see where you're going with this......

Great list-especially with the Doors

how about a little CULT with FIRE woman!

• damnedhooligan
    damnedhooligan Posts: 213
    edited June 2014
    Focker said:
    WeberWho? said:
    Usher - Let it Burn

Yea, but he left out the best one....

"There is no other pill to take
    So swallow the one
    That makes you ill"

Damn I miss Rage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w211KOQ5BMI

What was I thinking?!?!?!?! They go on the top of the list...never again will they be left out. I saw them at the Los Angeles Coliseum back in 2011. A couple of months before that...I was eating with a friend at a dumpling house and Zach walked in with a lady and sat at our table!!! It was awesome!

XL BGE with adj rig & woo2

• WeberWho? said:
    Usher - Let it Burn

Great list-especially with the Doors

how about a little CULT with FIRE woman!

Good call!!

XL BGE with adj rig & woo2

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Been on a Grateful Dead kick recently.... 3 songs will take care on a 8 hour smoke!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• jerryb78
    jerryb78 Posts: 215
    I lean towards podcasts or audiobooks, personally.
    LBGE
    Menasha, WI
  • Widespread Panic!
    my go to. Pretty sure the whole neighborhood could hear 12-30-95 while grilling some ribeyes last night. Wsp and grateful dead get the most play while cooking
    Franklin, TN
  • msloan
    msloan Posts: 399
    today is a stream of the yet unreleased new "Big Wreck" album called "Ghosts"……incredibly good stuff!
    gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    WalrusBBQ said:
    I agree music is a key ingredient to relaxin but cannot pick a single genre as a wide spectrum is enjoyed in our house
    that's my sentiment as well, but I would also like to point out that just like virtually anything that is good to eat is also good to eat if it is bacon-wrapped, I haven't found a food or beverage yet that doesn't go well with Pink Floyd.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    How about, Gwar covering Kansas!?!

:))  That's so bad, it's GOOD!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    edited July 2014
    Depends if the kids are out in the yard or not :D. I have a set of Klipsch 650 series outdoor speakers under the deck which are connected to a Russound amp and the source is a Sonos Connect so if the kids are inside I just put my music library from iTunes on shuffle (everything from old school R&B to Metallica but no opera). If the kids are out I mix some country and bands like Cold Play and the Blues Travelers together. Once my daughter came out when I was in a mix and Chuck Berry's song "My Ding a ling" was playing, she and I thought it was funny but my wife did not [-X .
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • wbradking
    wbradking Posts: 351
    Got my Alt-Country station going on Pandora. Wilco, Lucinda Williams, Ryan Adams, Uncle Tupelo, etc. Ribs are smokin and life is good.
    Franklin, TN
    Large BGE+PSWoo2
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    My mood sets the pace for my music. I like such a huge variety I would have difficulty narrowing it down to a specific genre or artist &/or band. Jazz, Classic Rock, Rockabilly, Blues, Country (new & classic), Metal, Grunge, Alternative, Bluegrass, Classical, Instrumental, Movie Scores Etc Etc the list is far to long to narrow it down. That's like asking who's your favorite child ;-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Right now the blues.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
    Widespread mother fuckin panic
  • Texansurf
    Texansurf Posts: 507
    The Damn Quails, or other red dirt country.
    Corpus Christi, Texas.  LBGE x 2, Weber Smoky Joe, and Aussie Walk-About
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    Tom Petty's new one has, again, been released in Surround on Bluray Audio.  Got it last night and am on my third listening already.  Highly Recommended!!  

B-)

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Stones brother, always Stones.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• Jwinn44
    Jwinn44 Posts: 49

I will chirp in and recommend my new favourite band.  I recommend everyone check them out, they are from Canada but just released the music into the states.  They are playing some larger shows in Canada and I think people will soon know of them all over. 

Their band name is The Strumbellas.  Check them out, and I am very confident everyone wil llike them!   If you can ever see them live, don't miss out, amazing Live show

Chilliwack, BC, Canada
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    @Jwinn44 I just watched Sailing. Good stuff. 
  • Thievery Corporation
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Desmo888 said:
    Thievery Corporation
    Nice call - are you from the DC area?

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    Listening to new Holly Williams and also new Rodriguez & Jacobs.  Both worth a listen!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• Eggcelsior
    Acn said:
    Desmo888 said:
    Thievery Corporation
    Hell yes. @Acn @Desmo888 Lebanese Blonde is my jam. I saw them back in 99 at hfstival in the Trancemissions tent. Damn, that just brought back memories.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited August 2014
    Too many artists and genres to list. I listened to the new Tom Petty album @Botch‌
    He's always been an excellent artist to listen to. He's a story teller in his music. You can hear influences of Dylan, McCartney etc in there. I like the way he has always been able to hold my attention for the entire album and this one is no different. I'm quite partial to his early stuff. But, I like the jazz, blues, rock, folky feel in this one etc. He's a awesome artist.

Hypnotic Eye - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - …: http://youtu.be/31G8V0U8fgo
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • sctdg
    sctdg Posts: 301

If I listen it would be The Band, Bob Dylan, Guy Clark, Townes Van Zandt, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Gillian Welch, Kieran Kane and Kevin Welch, Jerry Jeff Walker.  Or I just park it on the back stoop and plinkity plunk on the guitar and mandolin..

Saw Gillian Welch, Kieran Kane and Kevin Welch .Actually hung out with Kevin Welch at a local bar after one of his shows . Went to a Dead Reckoning show at the Bottom Line years ago . Tammy Rogers ,Mike Henderson ,Kierin and kevin, and others .Great show .

Richard Thompson,Joe Ely ,Jimmy Dale Gilmore ,Texas Tornados (Doug Sahm,Flaco Jimenez,Freddy Fender, Augie Meyers) Great stuff . The Irish stuff like The Waterboys,Hothouse Flowers and of course Van Morrison. Just a little of what is on while cooking .Have two juke boxes with about 700 cd's that are on shuffle so you never know what is going to come up .My obsession with music goes hand in hand with my obsession for BBQ.

• tjosborne
    tjosborne Posts: 529
    dark tranquility
    Avenged sevenfold
    Trivium
    Volbeat
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424

Acn said:

Desmo888 said:

Thievery Corporation

Hell yes. @Acn @Desmo888 Lebanese Blonde is my jam. I saw them back in 99 at hfstival in the Trancemissions tent. Damn, that just brought back memories.

I suspect that upwards of 75% of my weekends in DC between 1999 and 2002 involved the Eighteenth Street Lounge in one form or another.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Eggcelsior
    @ACN I was a Nightclub 9:30 fanatic. That and Fletcher's in Baltimore. Great punk shows. Metro'ed from College Park to U Street. 2 to 3 times per month for concerts.