Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baked potato question

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,889
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've checked the archives and found chatter about baking a potato in general terms, but no real mention of for how long and at what temp.
I read some people do partial nukes, nails and alum foil, and yet others don't. Will someone please deal me a quick, down and dirty card on how to?
PS RhumandJerk, I went ahead and posted this in case you were not there today to check your mail, but I'd like to hear from you anyway!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    RRP,
    Poke some holes in the potato with a fork. Bake at 375 for 1 hour.
    JimW

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    RRP, directions? We've done a lot of sweet potatoes and a few white baking potatoes. Start by wrapping individually in foil with butter (dietician’s delight) – the time varies. If I‘m doing ribs, I’ll throw them on for the last 2+ hours. At the 350-degree mark, I’d probably do about an hour. Terrible directions, but great potatoes! Good luck!
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    RRP,[p]GFW and I love those sweet potatoes in foil with butter then cut open and add cinnamon sugar - yummy!! My times vary too - atleast 2 hours with ribs at 250. I have done large white spuds and they take a little longer. I tried them without foil and the smoke smell was just not right for me - so I wrap them.[p]Tim