Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fathers day 2014 wish list

Options
What are you guys hoping to get and hoping to cook this fathers day? I hope to cook beef ribs and a Boston butt. I hope to receive a "kick ash basket" and an adjustable rig with the rib configuration. I love fathers day!

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    An early Tee Time!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I am wanting to ask SWMBO to help with the purchase of a second egg. Idk - If I ask she will definately dish out some cash - but I want another XL.....
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • tyenic1
    tyenic1 Posts: 150
    Options
    I,m going the golf route this year. Need a new golf bag.
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    I don't think I should ask seeing as she already let me put a deposit on a new xxl
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Dulax43
    Dulax43 Posts: 18
    Options
    sleep in and a tee time

Champlin, MN

LBGE - August, 2013

• badinfluence
    Options
    Lousubcap....NICE
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    I don't think I should ask seeing as she already let me put a deposit on a new xxl
    Damn, you have quite the collection. adding the XXL will be icing on the cake. 

do you have them all in one space? 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    A trip north to the Ceramic Grill Store to buy some Eggcessories...
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    GATABITES said:
    I am wanting to ask SWMBO to help with the purchase of a second egg. Idk - If I ask she will definately dish out some cash - but I want another XL.....

Tell her you need it for the very same reason she needed that double oven in her kitchen.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• badinfluence
    Options
    Gaya yes all in the same place I think I have a fetishes or something lol

Clinton, Iowa
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Self-gifted a Snake River Farms brisket for Father's Day! 

Make sure to post about it. I'm doing a prime packer this weekend and really looking forward to it.
  • anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Hope you all have a great day. Unfortunately I'm playing with my band on the Friday & Saturday nights. It may wipe me out for Sunday cook but you never know...
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I thought I saw a Father's Day thread!
    From the "What Comes Around Goes Around Department", I wanted a Smokeware cap for Father's Day. It ain't happening.

For Mother's Day I was clueless so I ask Wilma what she wanted. She said she wanted a card, flowers & chocolate. So that's what she got.
    Fast forward - So I've been hinting at this cap. No dice. I happen to say I have to replace the heavy duty shop vac so I can clean the gutters. Maple tree helicopters are falling like rain at my house and you got to get them out of the gutter. "Good thing I didn't buy that cap thingy so you can get that shop vac."

She means it. No cap for me, but the gutters will be clean.
    Flint, Michigan
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    It just arrived a few days early.  :D:D:D

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    I know what I want but this isn't the place
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    A "Mangrate" and possibly a BGE T shirt thrown in for good taste...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • r8rs4lf
    r8rs4lf Posts: 317
    Options
    Getting a smokeware cap for my M and XLBGE. As for the cook, have no idea but ribs does sound good.
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    I am hoping the brisket and ribs turn out good and my dad gets to spend lots of quality time with me and the grandson

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Falls on my MIL's birthday weekend every year...  :(

God forbid if my wife and daughter were to think about putting Father's Day ahead of that LOL
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I said I wanted camper parts. Everything else including the deck is on hold. image
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • BigWader
    BigWader Posts: 673
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    I said I wanted camper parts. Everything else including the deck is on hold. image
    Not to hijack the thread but wow Jeremiah that is awesome.  I've often thought about building a teardrop trailer.  How have you found the project so far?  How many hours are you into it?

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

• Jeremiah
    Options
    Lol. Thanks. It's been an on and off project since we sold our "big" camper two years ago. I'm on it full bore now and hope to be done by fall.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Did you use a T/S lens or some Instagram filter for that?
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    Instagram.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I noticed that too.
    Options
    I got my 7:20 tee time and I think I bought my own Fathers day gift last week. 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options

I wish that BGE had the MiniMax ready to sell by this weekend as I'd get one of those...

My wish list for Father's day is for my kids to listen, and for me to be allowed to cook all day on my XL and L BGE's.  I saw some USDA Prime grade ribeyes recently that looked mighty tasty, they would go great with some U-10 grilled shrimp we just brought back from Mexico, some grill-roasted corn and 2x egged taters. 

I may try some of the BGE cookbook dessert recipes too this weekend.