Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE skills continue to improve. Wife unimpressed.

2»

Comments

• MagicMike
    MagicMike Posts: 40
    I always get the "It's good..." in a higher then normal pitched voice. I take that to mean it's really not that great, please stop cooking food for me. I am not officially a BGE owner yet though, but I will be in T-minus 41.75 hours! Hopefully that will solve all my problems. :)
  • warwoman
    warwoman Posts: 279
    Keep egg.........dump wife!
    From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
  • Perhaps she is attempting to keep your head from swelling (not the same swelling as one might get from a skillet dent to the skull). Perhaps she is genuinely impressed but is careful with any compliments. Mine fawns over my efforts but I suspect that is merely to keep me trying and save having to cook herself. :-)
  • GaryLange
    GaryLange Posts: 418
    My wife is very supportive and loves everything I cook whether in the house on the BGE or the Grill. I am lovingly called her Personal Chef.
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Cherie says I do more cooking than she does now and she like it ;)

Gerhard
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited June 2014
    My wife has learned to immediately complement the meal so I will shut up and quit asking questions.  She loves the food, but could do without the post game analysis of every cook.   Previously the exchange might be:
    Me: How is it?
    Wife: Good.
    Me: Only good?  Last time you said great...so you liked it better last time?  Did I use too much smoke?  Not enough rub?  Is the skin as crispy this time?  Did we do legs or thighs last time?  Do you remember if I did raised direct or indirect?  

Now she has learned so the exchange goes something like:

Me: How is it?
    Wife: It's perfect.  The best you have ever done.  The best chicken I have ever had.  Do it like this every time...you have found the perfect way to cook chicken. Now shut up and let me eat. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990

my wife didn't like too much either, until I made a hole chicken similar to all of the Turkey recipes,  hole chicken on a V rack, with onion, lemon and butter inside,  seasoning on the outside,   indirect at 350 till it is done.  That convinced her.  I now enjoy cooking boneless breasts on the egg, direct around 350-375.  you have to watch them,  don't overcook and my wife doesn't want them undercooked.  (no Pink)  still moist but done.  

I rarely use any smoking wood, unless its a but or ribs.  and The smoke must be clear before putting anything on.

XL   Walled Lake, MI

• bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    I dunno, but next time she asks you for your opinion on something that is of importance to her (e.g., "does this dress make me look fat?"), be just as curt in your reply!
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Well KayNOcook LOVES everything I cook on the Egg!!! She is a keeper in my Egging life!!!! :)>-

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    My wife has learned to immediately complement the meal so I will shut up and quit asking questions.  She loves the food, but could do without the post game analysis of every cook.   ...
    Exactly!   What's wrong with a little post game analysis?!?  :)
    LBGE/Maryland