Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ Guru DigiQ DX2

Options
Anyone else having trouble with the BBQ Guru DigiQ DX2 probes? I have already gone through 2 meat probes and the clip keeps coming off the pit probe. I cant beleive  the people at BBQ guru would put out junk like this.

Comments

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    i have had no problems with my probes as of yet.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • r8rs4lf
    r8rs4lf Posts: 317
    Options
    No problems with mine. I have mine covered with foil.
  • msloan
    msloan Posts: 399
    Options
    r8rs4lf said:
    No problems with mine. I have mine covered with foil.
    i have one of these coming later this week.....so when you say you have the probes covered in foil does that include the probe end and part of the wiring as well?
    gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    Options
    They are a type T thermocouple probe and are available through internet sources.  Most likely without the plug, but I'm sure that could be obtained also. A bit of soldering and you will be good to go for a savings I would suspect if you are no longer under warranty.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • r8rs4lf
    r8rs4lf Posts: 317
    Options
    No covering the probe. Just enough to cover what is exposed in the egg.
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Options

I don't cover my probes with foil, had mine for years, no problems.  But I only use it for low and slows and never go over 275 or so with it.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• MacKay52
    MacKay52 Posts: 74
    Options
    I do not cover mine and have had no issues at all.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options

I don't cover my probes with foil, had mine for years, no problems.  But I only use it for low and slows and never go over 275 or so with it.
    Same here. About 4 years I think. I always route the wires above a platesetter leg so no direct heat. 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut