Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lodge 17 find

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
Look what MRS. SGH found for 10 bucks. This is why I have kept her for over half a century! Seasoning it right now!image

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Nice find - those are around $70 new.  And very useful.
    Options
    Good job on seasoning and even better on find.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SGH
    Options
    She found it at a salvage store called Dirt Cheap in Wiggins. Not Cheapier than Dirt mail order. I asked if they had any more but she said no.
    @Mickey‌
    @nolaegghead‌
    Thanks for the compliments fellows.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Nice pick up. Will you use that on a large? If so I'd like to see a pic of it on the large.
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• SGH
    Options
    @grege345‌
    It won't fit my friend. It's a little to big. The pan it's self is 17 inches and counting the handles it's 22 inches over all. I will do some frying in it on my turkey fryer and some cooks on my larger cookers. Thanks for looking my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @grege345‌
    You raised my curiosity with your question so I had to go try it. The pan must be only 15 and not 17. It will sit in the egg but the dome will not close due to the handles. For some reason I thought the lodge double handled pans were 17 inches. My mistake.image

Status- Standing by.

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Bet it would fit on a xl. Good reason to tell the wife you need one..lol
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Nice score. You could use that for raised grid, open-dome cooks... fajitas or something like that?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Nice!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Great find!  

@charlesmaneri mentioned in another thread that he trimmed the handles off to make it fit his large.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SGH
    Options
    @badinfluence‌
    @caliking‌
    @JRWhitee‌
    @SmokeyPitt‌
    Thank you all for the kind words. I would cut the handles off but I don't think I could lift it anymore without them. Again thanks my friends .

Status- Standing by.

• GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    nice find. She deserves a kiss for that.  :x
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Charlesmaneri
    Charlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    Options
    I have the exact one  it works great but in order to use it in my LBGE I had to trim the handles a 1/2 inch on each side so it will fit the inside diamter of the LBGE is I think 18 1/4   

2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • SGH
    Options
    @GATABITES‌
    Indeed she does my friend!

Status- Standing by.