Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini BGE Cooks -- Steaks, Pizzas and Ribs

Dyal_SC
Dyal_SC Posts: 6,050
Been behind on posting, but here are a few recent cooks.

Coupla ribeyes finished with a sherry, shallot, garlic and mushroom sauce:

Some personal sized pizzas.

And a whole rack of baby backs. These were a little too tall to wrap them in a circle, so I just cut it into 3 sections.

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Nice work, always in on a mini cook.
    Seattle, WA
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

Pepperoni and bacon? :-bd Count me in!!

Nice looking hunk o'cow as well.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    Great looking cooks as always.  Thanks for posting.  Very inspirational!
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Stop it!  Those are photo shopped.  Nothing can look that good!  
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • Charlesmaneri
    Charlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    My wife got me a mini for my birthday and haven't used it yet this has inspired me to break it out and have a go at it thank you 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    Dyal you absolutely nailed all three of those cooks! Nicely done!! I will admitting to laughing at the picture of the skillet on the Mini. I'm guessing that was a 10 inch cast-iron skillet and it looks like my 16" wok on my Large. But zero laughing about the end results, picture-perfect!
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @Dyal_SC‌
    Brother what can I say except WOW!!!
    That looks beyond outstanding. =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• KJWILD
    KJWILD Posts: 95
    Those cooks look great. Thank you for sharing. My next cook is going to steak and I think it just may be like the one you have shown here. Would you mind sharing to-do-list and seasonings used for the entire steak cook?
    Husband, Father, Grandfather and Chef of the Home Front. XL BGE- purchased on 5/28/2014
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Great looking cooks Mr. Dyal! =D>
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,050
    KJWILD said:
    Those cooks look great. Thank you for sharing. My next cook is going to steak and I think it just may be like the one you have shown here. Would you mind sharing to-do-list and seasonings used for the entire steak cook?
    Thanks, y'all!  @KJWILD, I'm horrible about measuring things when I cook.  I kinda just ad lib as I go.  It was similar to THIS RECIPE.  Just taste as you go to figure out what works best for your preference.  For the steak itself, I enjoy to use a similar version of THIS RECIPE for the seasoning.  It gives a nice crusty outer layer to the steak that is salty and flavorful without taking away the flavor of the beef.  Don't be stingy with the seasoning if it's a nice thick steak.  You want the outer layer to be generously seasoned.  For cooking the steak, just get your CI skillet nice and hot and then add your butter.  Then grill your steaks until they register 125 deg f internal.  Then take them off to rest.  Then use the same skillet and complete the recipe for the sauce.  Then top your steak with the sauce. 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    You are going to be in Chickens new video. Wow
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• boochsr71
    boochsr71 Posts: 267
    Nice!

Booch- from Medina, Ohio