Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Most expensive ticket in college football this fall . .

Options
NDG
NDG Posts: 2,431

Here’s a list of the 25 most expensive college football games this fall:

Note: The average price is the first number, and the cheapest ticket listed is the second.

* denotes game is played at the Cotton Bowl, ** denotes game is played at an NFL Stadium.

1. Texas-UCLA (Arlington, Texas): $770/$144
2. Ohio State-Michigan (Columbus, Ohio): $727/$372
3. LSU-Alabama (Baton Rouge, La.): $639/$317
4. Texas-Oklahoma (Dallas, Texas): $591/$251*
5. Texas A&M-Arkansas (Arlington, Texas): $586/$159**

6. Notre Dame-Michigan (South Bend, Ind.): $536/$286
7. Oklahoma State-Florida State (Arlington, Texas): $492/131**
8. Georgia-Clemson (Athens, Ga.): $472/$248
9. Georgia-Auburn (Athens, Ga.): $468/$203
10. Alabama-Auburn (Tuscaloosa, Ala.): $454/$298

11. UCLA-USC (Pasadena, Calif.): $422/$118
12. Notre Dame-Purdue (Indianapolis, Ind.): $405/$138**
13. Texas A&M-LSU (College Station, Texas): $404/$186
14. Alabama-West Virginia (Atlanta, Ga.): $371/$159**
15. Tennessee-Alabama (Knoxville, Tenn.): $362/$132

16. Baylor-Texas Tech (Arlington, Texas): $348/$74**
17. Alabama-Florida (Tuscaloosa, Ala.): $343/$210
18. South Carolina-Georgia (Columbia, S.C.): $340/$168
19. USC-Notre Dame (Los Angeles, Calif.): $339/$149
20. UCLA-Stanford (Pasadena, Calif.): $339/$88

21. Louisville-Florida State (Louisville, Ky.): $331/$210
22. Miami-Nebraska (Lincoln, Neb.): $325/$89
23. Oklahoma State-Texas (Stillwater, Okla.): $317/$129
24. UCLA-Oregon (Pasadena, Calif.): $317/$86
25. Nebraska-Iowa (Iowa City, Iowa): $314/$144

Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    That's the face value or street price?  And I suppose it excludes student prices, although given today's tuition, I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't.
    Options
    What a shame!
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    Amazing how many SEC teams are in these games. Wow!
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• BuckeyeBob
    BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
    Options
    These costs are probably from StubHub or something similar. Definitely not the face value and therefore that is not going to the school itself.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    The OSU vs *ichigan game will probably drop in value as * ichigan will probably not be very good again. =))
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    They've got players to pay!
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    Good reason to watch on TV :))
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Cookinbob‌ said: Good reason to watch on TV.
    I agree 100 percent. I use to love to go and watch live but can't hardly justify it anymore. It's a shame what things cost now.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    In the late 60's we could get 'knothole' tickets for $2.00 on game day. CU vs Nebraska, Oklahoma, Ohio state, Penn State, and all the others.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    Options

The OSU vs *ichigan game will probably drop in value as * ichigan will probably not be very good again. =))

But wouldn't it be great if the home team loses by 1 point again?

XL   Walled Lake, MI

• GaBGE
    GaBGE Posts: 556
    Options
    This will be my first football season having my xl. I'm looking forward to Saturday afternoons this fall. I used to go to many games but as I get older I am starting to realize that it's much better to watch from home. You don't have to miss half of a quarter waiting in line to pay $5 for a coke. From the comfort of my home I can sit in the a/c and not sweat my balls off, get up and get a beer out of the fridge and go pee all during a commercial and not have to miss any of the game.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Michigan makes the list twice while the *uckeyes (usually spelled with an 'F'), ride Michigan's popularity by making the list only once.  Only because Michigan is in town.
    Flint, Michigan
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    I'm lucky I didn't see SMU in that top 25. Just paid 255 for season tickets.

PONY UP!

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I paid $350 (face value) for my seat behind the ESPN desk in the corner of the Superdome for the 2012 (2011 season) LSU/Alabama BCS Championship game couple years ago.  Great seats and most of the people around us paid over a grand for their tickets.  Sadly we were blown out.
    Options
    I have to agree with you @saluki2007

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • NDG
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Yea I kind of agree, but we need Michigan to be decent to gain some B1G TEN respect back.  Just decent . . .then we will spank them at home in November.  If Brady Hoke only gets to the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl (and loses) . . .this could be his last year!
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

I'll be going to 16 andnot paying a dime (sometimes its nice having the right kind of friends)

@TUTTLE871 are you Ponies playing Baylor or are they chickening outlike last year, whining that their schedule is alreayd too hard? I'd like to go to that game as well.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    I wonder why Texas-UCLA is going so high?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    NDG said:

JRWhitee said:

Yea I kind of agree, but we need Michigan to be decent to gain some B1G TEN respect back.  Just decent . . .then we will spank them at home in November.  If Brady Hoke only gets to the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl (and loses) . . .this could be his last year!

Big Ten......respect???? Lol :P
    I remember my first dream
    Beaufort, SC
  • NDG
    Options
    Sports are cyclical . . especially college sports.  I did not say the B1G TEN is better than the SEC right now, I just said that the B1G TEN will gain more respect if both Ohio State & Michigan are winning every week.      
    Columbus, OH

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    edited June 2014
    Options
    @griffin at Baylor first game of season. I hope they go down to Baylor and hand them a beat down in that new stadium you guys just built.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.