Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Unexpected guests = More egg time!

Options
Griff2w2
Griff2w2 Posts: 53
edited June 2014 in EggHead Forum
So originally, the In-Laws were going to come up and visit us up here in ND for a quiet, extended weekend.  Now it is looking like SWMBO's extended family (who never goes anywhere) is tagging along.  Looking at housing and feeding about 12 which can be a feat living in military housing.  Looking at doing Chicken halves pulled pork and maybe take my first shot at a brisket too.  I know I have no issues cooking for the In-Laws (they think I can do no wrong) any ideas or suggestions on cooking for strangers.  No idea what their dietary habits are and will probably season a little less (I enjoy a heavy hand) for them.  I might fall back on a "build your own pizza" night as they are usually a big hit in my house. Or hell, I may just go nuclear with everything so they never come back! 

As always, advice from the elder egg gurus very much appreciated! 

Comments

• Mross
    Mross Posts: 338
    Options
    Cook it and place in front of them. If they don't want to eat it they can go get a burger from McDonalds.
    To give you an example I made a supreme effort to include my vegetarian SIL an alternative during a family BBQ. I marinated and cooked specifically for her a portabello mushroom. She looked at it and told me she does'nt like them. Not my fault and by then I did not care as I was beat from cooking everything else. There was plenty of other stuff she did like so all was good.
    Duncan, SC