Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steak and Roasted Mushrooms

DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
Tried 2 firsts for me tonight. Board sauce for steak and roasted mushrooms.

For the board sauce I used EVOO, Chives, Sage, Basil, Italian Parsley, S&P, Smoked Paprika, and a touch of Red Pepper flakes.

I did this recipe for the roast mushrooms, herbs were the same I used for the board sauce, go figure.

I kind of like mushrooms, will take any excuse to make them. Reverse seared the ribeye on the small.

Sliced

Plated:

I wasn't sure if I would like the board sauce going in to this, as I like just S&P steak cooked to Med-Rare with no added sauce. However, this isn't overpowering and accents steak flavor nicely. I'm looking forward to playing around with new ones now.
They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments