Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

9 Racks of Ribs - -

Options
By stacking the V Racks I was able to get 9 racks of ribs in the XL Green Egg. Man did they turn out good. Two sauces to slather on for everyone to enjoy.

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a big round aluminum try to be used that would cover most of the grilling space? That would be really nice.

This was my second grilling experience with my new egg - I'm addicted!!! OH, and so are my friends.

Comments

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Maybe here at the ceramic grill store?
    NOLA
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    The ribs look good!  It looks like you are basically using a foil pan to make the cook indirect.  Do you know about the plate setter?  

It is used to create indirect.  I usually use foil or pans on the plate setter to catch drippings to keep it clean. 

There are also after market accessories available here:

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• LLambeth
    LLambeth Posts: 36
    Options
    Thank You - Yes, I have the plate setter but wanted to be able to easily take the ribs out of the V and then put them on for a quick sear with the sauce. With the place setter in you have to remove it first. 

What would be nice is a foil drip pan that covered the bulk of the place setter or grill so you could place more stuff above it rather than trying to modify the ones you buy in the store.

And yes, the ribs were amazing!!
  • SmokeyPitt
    Options
    I know what you mean.  Ceramic Grill store does carry an 18 inch drip pan:

You might be able to find a round pizza pan or something like that in a home store.  FWIW, I often just use foil.  I get the wide rolls from Costco or BJs and just tare off a big piece and roll up the sides to form a pan.  This way I can just toss the foil when I am finished.  If I am cooking something like briskets or butts that have lots of drippings I use disposable foil pans.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• KenfromMI
    KenfromMI Posts: 742
    Options
    I never clean my smokers. That's the good stuff. I had about 9 years of build up on my WSM and loaned it to a friend. He thought he did me a favor and returned it well scrubbed inside and out LOL
    Dearborn MI
  • KenfromMI
    KenfromMI Posts: 742
    Options
    BTW that one site with the goofy guy who plays the guitar and sells eggs has custom fitted disposable pans now for the BGE. I think they are rather expensive though. Sorry can't remember the name of his site but I'm sure you guys know who I'm talking about. 
    Dearborn MI
  • SmokeyPitt
    edited June 2014
    Options

I just buy a big pack of 1/2 steam pans at BJs or Costco.  I think they are around 25 cents per pan.  I just use two if needed, but they do require some quick fabrication: