Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Weekend cooks

TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 2,750
Thought I'd post a few pictures of this weekend's cooks. Did wings on Friday night. 1/2 were tossed with Frank's Red Hot sauce and 1/2 with Frank's Sweet Chili sauce. Sat. night was cedar planked salmon with grilled sweet potatoes. Tonight will be USDA prime brisket with fried okra and twice baked taters.

Will be spending part of the day at our town's annual street fair. Held on the Yonge Street; the longest street in the world!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Wings done at about 350* raised, direct. I pulled the skin off of the drumettes.

Coated the sweet potatoes with some evoo and pineapple head. Salmon has dijon mustard topped with brown sugar

Brisket trimmed

Put the brisket on at 1:00am. This is what it looks like about 7hrs. in. I can see that I didn't get all of my peppercorns properly ground but, it was late last night when I ground them and I'd had a few drinks through the evening so I didn't really care

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Comments