Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Very good porterhouse

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
imageimageimage
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Mickey
    Options
    Finished cook off on top of Adj Rig @ 400
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Yes please.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    My goodness!!!  That is a sexy piece of beef!
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    That looks good!

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Doesn't even look real
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• fusionhq
    fusionhq Posts: 1,707
    Options
  • Mickey
    Options
    fusionhq said:
    Sliced pic?!

The only slice I remember was wife taking her half????? Never again, each to own steak.

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Mickey said:
    fusionhq said:
    Sliced pic?!

The only slice I remember was wife taking her half????? Never again, each to own steak.
    Can't believe you are just learning that now - great looking steak. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Cullum
    Cullum Posts: 215
    Options
    Mickey said:
    imageimageimage
    Nice looking. What did you use for seasoning?
  • Mickey
    Options
    @Cullum just used coffee rub

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Man that looks like a succulent tasty treat. Miss Porterhouse is the Steakmate of the Month!
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,055
    Options
    Wow that looks so good!!
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I just drooled on my keyboard.  Thanks for sharing......I think.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    That's a strong piece of meat

XLBGE 
  • Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    Looks awesome!!
    GWN
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    Looks good, Sir! Makes me want a PorterH.
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Mickey‌
    Looks excellent sir!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Looks perfect Mickey!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Wow!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Mickey, that steak looks machined out of a billet.  Perfect.
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Lobel's is worth every cent. Skip the next overpriced joint and order two of these. They are that good. Better than any place in Vegas and hit the big ones on company expense accounts. Have one porterhouse left of the 6 in the package and can't wait. Was given two of each. 5 down and one to go. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    =D> Dayum. you are going to get spoiled cooking and eating those steaks.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Mickey
    edited June 2014
    Options
    =D> Dayum. you are going to get spoiled cooking and eating those steaks.

One more and it's all over. Linda and I both feel it is well worth the splurge to order a couple reather than hit a high dollar steak house. You can save a bunch ordering from them instead of dropping a bunch at high dollar place hoping for good service and better food (and don't forget the drinks). Got to say the filet was the best of all (and I am not a big filet eater, but that is what I would spend my $$ for). See you when we get back from FL and have a good time.

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Nice job Mickey that looks great.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Nice hunk o'cow, Mickey. Thanks for the e-mails yesterday. Stacie says Hi and to give her best to you and yours.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options

Mickey NAILED it!  Why go drop a ton of coin out, risk drinking and driving, only to go to some snobbitorium (Al Czervik's name for Bushwood in Caddyshack) when you can get a prime cut of meat and let the BGE do its magic at home?  Plus, the enjoyment factor of actually cooking it yourself takes you back to some visceral, primal instinctual state of mind which only enhances the satisfaction.

I've ordered steaks for home delivery from Peter Luger, Morton's and believe it or not, Costco (the Frenched 'tomahawk' bone in ribeyes are incredible) and have nothing short of spectacular results from all three- when cooked on the BGE!