Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who's up, like me, at 6am?

500 Posts: 3,177
Good morning. It's 6:23 in Midlothian, VA. Anyone awake at this hour?
I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
Member since 2009

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255

Not me, I'm just simulating being up. 

Spring "Half Up, Half Awake" Chicken

Spring Texas USA

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Here. Lookin for a nice day
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

But it's an hour earlier in Tejas. What are you thinking?
    Member since 2009
  • DMurf
    DMurf Posts: 481
    Only 5:30a in Tulsa. Yes thank all that is merciful for quick coffee, don't have a kurig but do have a maker that does single cups. 
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
    I see a nap in my future after I put this pig arm on to cook.
    Member since 2009
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Been up since 5:15. I don't know what is wrong with me...I usually wake up about this time no matter what time I go to bed.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Just got up; but, I was also up at 1:00 this morning putting a 12lb. brisket on. 250* dome temp when I went to bed and 250* this morning when I got up.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    I would call 6:15a sleeping in!
    On a work day, I'm up at 6:15 without an alarm. 7am on weekends. 8 on weekends if the night before saw numerous cocktails.
    Member since 2009
  • Grader07
    Grader07 Posts: 264
    Yup up at 3am to go to work. Beautiful sunrise on the bay this morning.
  • corb69
    corb69 Posts: 155
    I'm up unfortunately. At DFW waiting for a flight home to Arkansas.
    I love going to the bay. Got to fish on it once from a vendor's invite on his boat. Very relaxing and the best tasting fish.
    Member since 2009

Just got up; but, I was also up at 1:00 this morning putting a 12lb. brisket on. 250* dome temp when I went to bed and 250* this morning when I got up.

I bet that brisket is starting to smell pretty good by now.
    Member since 2009
  • flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    Been up for a while.  Still on Europe time - It's almost 1:30 pm there.  I have a friend in Midlothian, we should get together if I am ever in town.
    Milton, GA.
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,358
    Up at 6.30 today. Slept in
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • radamo
    radamo Posts: 373
    Was up just before 6 this morning.  Put on a 6 lb flat before 7 and keeping it about 230 grid... Just got everything squared away and am settling down with my morning coffee.

Long Island, NY
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    500 said:
    I bet that brisket is starting to smell pretty good by now.
    It does indeed! I've got some pecan wood chunks mixed in with my lump for smoke.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    edited June 2014

Been up since 5:15. I don't know what is wrong with me...I usually wake up about this time no matter what time I go to bed.
    I'm the same way.
  • Buckdodger
    Buckdodger Posts: 957
    My biological clock sends me to the sack at 9 - 9:30 pm. Usually up by 5 am. However we rescued a puppy from the local shelter and she sleeps in a crate. This am she wakes up a 4:30 so I let her out to do her biz. She goes back to sleep and I fix coffee and stay up. She has me trained.  :o3

Opelika, Alabama
    flynnbob said:
    Been up for a while.  Still on Europe time - It's almost 1:30 pm there.  I have a friend in Midlothian, we should get together if I am ever in town.

Yea Bob. Give me your friend's name, I may know him.
    Member since 2009
    My biological clock sends me to the sack at 9 - 9:30 pm. Usually up by 5 am. However we rescued a puppy from the local shelter and she sleeps in a crate. This am she wakes up a 4:30 so I let her out to do her biz. She goes back to sleep and I fix coffee and stay up. She has me trained.  :o3

We are waiting for our breeder to let us know when we can expect a Sproodle. We'll be in the same boat after that. First dog for us.
    Member since 2009
  • Buckdodger
    Buckdodger Posts: 957
    500 said:

We are waiting for our breeder to let us know when we can expect a Sproodle. We'll be in the same boat after that. First dog for us.
    We waited for a couple of yrs before getting another dog...had a JR for almost 15 yrs and had to put her to sleep. We were so broken hearted about her we decided no more dogs. But the wife went to one of the pet rescue sites and she fell in love with the face of this Terrier mix puppy. So here we are! 

Opelika, Alabama
  • Miked125
    Miked125 Posts: 481
    I sleep in on weekends - 8 am, Monday Friday I am up at 430am
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    edited June 2014
    I was up fighting the iPad connection problems.  Can connect to forum and then cannot connect.  I am an early riser, other half isn't.
    BTW Midlothian VA is beautiful bicycle riding area of VA
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    edited June 2014
    I put a brisket on at 2315, got an emergency call from work at 2345, home in bed by 0030. Woke up at 0630. Brisket currently at 185F. It's my second packer, and I am embarrassed.. I didn't trim barely any fat on my first packer. Live and learn.
  • Been up since 5:15. I don't know what is wrong with me...I usually wake up about this time no matter what time I go to bed.
    Same here! That's my usual workweek ritual. Weekends it's 7:00 if I've behaved the night before!
    :))

"i'm not a complete idiot, some of my parts are missin'"

Cleveland, OH