Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Are times tough in the fire arm business?

Skiddymarker
Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
edited May 2014 in Off Topic
Visiting my local Lowe's, saw this grill made by Browning. Couldn't find it on the US site, wondered if it was Canada only. It has a cast iron fire box, ceramic fire ring, Nomex gasket. 

Noted the company logo is the same as on my BucK Mark, when did Browning branch out into kamados?

Great warranty - 90 days.....
Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @Skiddymarker-I'm sure times are tough in the GWN but south of the border fire arms sales and concealed carry permits are pushing records.  Companies reporting record profits.  I'm not gonna go down the road of the obvious debate here.  FWIW- and Go A's!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Bass Pro Shops has been carrying the Browning cookers for a few years.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    edited May 2014
    I think the conventional wisdom is that the long-term outlook for the industry may not be so great.  Sales are way up over the past couple of years, but the demographic and crime trends are not in the right directions overall for increased gun sales in the future.   
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Gun sales have been breaking records for 7 years running. Most people worried about not being able to get one have probably already done so. I suspect they will taper now. Violent crime is however down pretty much across the board except in gun free zones. I have to protect my BGE's.
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684

$100 says that's a licensed product........all Browning does is get a check for the use of their logo.  Remington has their logo on all kind of goofy stuff, especially around Christmas.

Same deal with the Eddie Bauer Ford Explorers, Expeditions, etc--not sure who was getting the check that case though. 

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    They had browning kamados for a few years - I almost bought one a couple years back cuz I love Browning guns...from reviews I could find they are fairly prone to breakage and the warranty is pretty much nil.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    jhl192 said:
    Gun sales have been breaking records for 7 years running. Most people worried about not being able to get one have probably already done so. I suspect they will taper now. Violent crime is however down pretty much across the board except in gun free zones. I have to protect my BGE's.
    Gun violence has been decreasing since 1993.

I'd avoid products that are licensed from a company that doesn't make them.  They're over-priced for what you get.
    @lousubcap - totally forgot about firearms issues/debates, Here in GWN not such an issue as you point out. 

@Spaightlabs, @stlcharcoal, @cortguitarman - thanks for the info, had not seen these before - our Lowe's used to carry Akorns. 

@nolaegghead - Agree on licensed products, but usually you can recall seeing the re-branded product somewhere. Like most egg owners, you kinda notice kamados, just never seen this one before - sheltered life, I have to get out more. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • jllbms
    jllbms Posts: 381
    The saying is that Barak Obama sold more guns than John Browning.
    Kemah, TX
  • Check out my Smith & Wesson 44mag Traeger. Picked this up around 8 years ago. Haven't seen traeger's with this badging since.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    @IdahoEggMan - Go figure - would never have guessed that. 
    The Browning Kamado at Lowe's Canada doesn't have any badging that I can see, it is only through the Lowe's web site that you get a Browning page with the BuckMark logo...