Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Arby's is causing brisket prices to skyrocket!

Options
http://www.tmbbq.com/brisketisback/

I had the sandwich, to was alright. Didn't have any idea prices would go up for brisket.

Comments

• jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Options
    Not such great news.
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • Miked125
    Miked125 Posts: 481
    Options
    I can only get briskest from a butcher, it's $4.25/lbs, last year was $3.99/lbs so not a bad increase
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Like I've always said, eff Arby's. That crap is disgusting. Guess I better wander down to Walmart and grab a few packers for the summer before they start getting Snake River prices for regular old brisket. I blame you guys and Aaron Franklin for the increased popularity of brisket...
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,950
    Options
    A couple of months ago I told @cazzy I thought brisket had passed a tipping point nationally.  He thought I was nuts.  I think he still does.  He might be right.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    A couple of months ago I told @cazzy I thought brisket had passed a tipping point nationally.  He thought I was nuts.  I think he still does.  He might be right.  
    Well, Cazzy maybe right about you being nuts, but as far as brisket passing the tipping point, you were/are smack on. Local butcher tells me he used to see one or two requests for brisket a month, now he sees at least two or thee every week. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    My Walmart has choice packers for $1.67 per pound. I'm not worried.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options

Where?
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Spaightlabs
    Options
    Picked up a couple nice ones at Whole Foods today for $3.99 which is cheap for them...but that makes it half the price of Snake River, and Wagyu is worth the up charge.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,950
    Options
    Picked up a couple nice ones at Whole Foods today for $3.99 which is cheap for them...but that makes it half the price of Snake River, and Wagyu is worth the up charge.
    That is cheap for WF.  My WF is typically charging around $6 a lb for whole packers.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Dang. I wish I still lived in TX. Too hard and expensive to find a decent packer here.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    Like I've always said, eff Arby's. That crap is disgusting.

About a year ago Arby's bombarded the local airwaves with some beef sandwich and I finally tried it - what a letdown and I never went back. Then a few months ago they did it again with their new deli style Reuben sandwich which was horrible! I picked the meat and cheese out of that sandwich - wiped the sauce off and ate what I could, but the bread and all else went in the trash! After 2 strikes I assume this brisket sandwich would be strike 3 but I don't intend to even find out!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Spaightlabs
    Options
    That is cheap for WF.  My WF is typically charging around $6 a lb for whole packers.  

8.99 a pound for a flat, 3.99 for packer...go figure...
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    Where?

I snagged three of them last weekend at the Walmart in Sunset Valley (290 and Mopac). Went back today and they were back up to 2.44, which is their normal price.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    I got three at my Heb. Choice for $2.75
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I had the same thought when I saw my hipster animal rights activist cousin chowing down on what was some pretty damn good brisket and loving every bite at a wedding reception last fall. Totally went against that meat is murder mantra, but she didn't seem to care.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer