Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Medium egg with 15% discount

Options
So I have been weighing all options as a supplement egg to my large.... Wait for the minimax or go with the small? Who knows when the minimax will ever become available and there seems to be so much controversy (for lack of a better word) around the small - seems people love them or hate them... One of our local distributors is having an eggfest in 2 weeks and will have all demo eggs and accessories 15% off. This will make the price of the medium $570 ($688 with the nest). Is this a good deal for the medium and for those out there with a large and medium does this cover most of your cooking needs? Thanks in advance!
Mechanicsburg, PA

Comments

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Large and medium make a great combo in my opinion. I had L/M then went to L/L just because I found a good deal on a L. When I sold the M, I really missed it - great size for my wife and I when the kids are gone for the night. 

I recently added a S and a M. Found a deal that I couldn't pass up so I just HAD to buy them both.
    ;)
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Is the minimax really going to happen or is it a pipe dream?
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • nealcr1
    nealcr1 Posts: 198
    Options
    The mothership said it would be available within 90 days when I was there last week. They want to launch it just in time for football season.
    Mini Max, Medium BGE, Large BGE, Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman, Digi Q II, Woo 2, AR with Oval setup
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    I'm waiting on the minimaxx, assuming the price isn't stupid enough to make me look at a small. Looking for something I can do burgers, chicken, maybe a small butt or something when I don't want to fire up the large.

-FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    FATC1TY said:

I'm waiting on the minimaxx, assuming the price isn't stupid enough to make me look at a small. Looking for something I can do burgers, chicken, maybe a small butt or something when I don't want to fire up the large.

They announced the minimax shortly after I bought my small and I was kind of bummed. In retrospect, I'm glad I got the small. I'm not sure the minimax will be a good setup for long indirect cooks, as the firebox seems like it might be too shallow.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Caymanite
    Caymanite Posts: 57
    Options
    I just came from the store as I want to add a second egg to my large and I thought I wanted a small but it's just too small so I think the medium is the way I will go. The small looked very shallow too.
    Large BGE - Jupiter, FL
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    @Caymanite - the M is a great compliment to the L in my opinion. I liked the one I had a lot - so much that I just picked up another M (sold my other M). I think spatchcock chicken off the M is the best I've ever made. Don't know why but it was.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • fruitguy
    fruitguy Posts: 303
    Options
    Can you get two butts on a medium?
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    Yes
    fruitguy said:
    Can you get two butts on a medium?

Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.