Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

djm5x9, Spin, JJ, TJinBham, follow up...

Options
Stuart
Stuart Posts: 110
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks for the discussion on Food Saver. I woke up from falling asleep during the IROC to an infomercial about the Foodsaver II. The packege offered is from what I can tell is identical to the link djm5x9 provided. The price is $149.95. How does that compare to what ya'll paid and how expensive are rplacement bags, what size do find you use the most?[p]Thanks,[p]Stuart

Comments

• DS
    DS Posts: 15
    Options
    Stuart,
    you might check Sams club in your area if you have one...I was just there and they have one for 129.99

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Stuart,
    They make 4 different models. The amount you quoted seems abit high. The smaller bags work best for me. In the 2.5 yrs I have had mine I have re-ordered the smaller bags twice and not re-ordered the large. Since you can reuse them over and over the cost is very marginal. But the savings in food is huge.

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Stuart:[p]The Wells link I gave you had the best price for the Professional II that I could find. Good service handled by e-mail. I wanted the top model because I purchase meat in bulk and some of my sources only "paper wrap" and I have had to repack in freezer bags in the past. Plus when I have a garden I may have 200 broccoli plants as well as other vegetables and I freeze them for use over the next year. I felt this machine might be better suited for the workout filling up the freezer I would be giving it. [p]But pricing on the smaller machines from what I recall could be competitive from US sources too. I would take your time and look around at availability from some of the discounters in your area. I continue to purchase bags from Wells as I have not found a less expensive source.[p]Regarding bag size, both are used equally. There are five mouths to feed and the larger bags are used mostly for bulk meat items or a three pack of steaks. Smaller bags for cooked portions of ribs or pulled pork, etc. Both sizes are used for vegetables depending upon what is being frozen. It is a great little machine, does what it claims it can do.

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Stuart,[p]I have had the Deluxe model since 1993 and can report no problems with the unit. Like Darryl, I buy bulk foods and divide them down to portions. i use both bag sizes equally. The bags are quality and can be washed and reused.[p]A valued appliance in my kitchen.[p]Spin