Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Addicted

Options
MJH
MJH Posts: 102
After a long day at work, I called my wife while driving home (40 min. Commute), asking if she wanted to eat with me or the kids. She said me. Also wanted me to pick up milk at the store. Already had juicy tomatoes and fresh basil in the garden and mozzerella in the fridge. Lo & behold, there were some nicely marbled filets mignon at a discount in the store.

BGE on the job.... Didn't plan it: had to do it.

You Know. And if you don't, you are doing it wrong.

Comments

• jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Sounds like an impromptu masterpiece!  Need pics to prove it though!  
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Sounds like a perfect ending to the day.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • JenniferEgger
    Options

I still am working with a Weber Kettle, but since you have the ingredients I thought I'd mention it..

I tried this over the weekend and it was delish.  Take two narrow slices of Italian bread.  Put some mozzarella, a basil leaf, and a super thin slice of tomato between.  Brush outside edges of bread with Italian dressing and throw directly on the grill for 2 minutes or so, turning over once.

Absolutely addicting.  I made one inside on the skillet tonight as the weather is gross.  Yum!! 

LGE in da house.

Bucks County,  PA

• MJH
    MJH Posts: 102
    Options