Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wife's birthday...

Options
radamo
radamo Posts: 373
So of course I had to get our egg a party hat.  Just received my Smokeware SS Cap and can't wait to try it out!!!
Long Island, NY

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    That's an old husband strategy. Buying the wife something for her birthday that's really for us. I hope you have another gift in mind! Pssst. Get her a vacuum. She'll love it!
    Flint, Michigan
  • radamo
    Options
    LOL.  Fred you guessed it!
    Cheers.

Long Island, NY
  • gpsegg
    gpsegg Posts: 427
    Options
    :-O
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Good looking cap.

@jhl92 That was hilarious!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited May 2014
    Options
    That's an old husband strategy. Buying the wife something for her birthday that's really for us. I hope you have another gift in mind! Pssst. Get her a vacuum. She'll love it!
    Nice SS chapeau for the BGE. 

Funny how that goes, isn't it. Us guys like to get a new drill or saw or even a weed whacker to use around the house, but once, just once you buy them a practical tool to help with their chores like a vacuum or a new frying pan and you better be able to run faster than she can throw it......

PS - wish her a happy birthday!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Holepuncher
    Holepuncher Posts: 388
    Options
    If it plugs in, it better play music.
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    I bought my first wife a KA mixer. I was out ideas and it was close to Christmas. So in a panic, I bought it and a few attachments to go with it. She wasn't Susie Homemaker, but she could cook alright. If you look real close to my scalp, I think you can still read "Kitchen Aid" on it. That was the last practical gift I ever bought.
    Flint, Michigan
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    I revel in the "thought you would like this gift" approach even after 30+ years of wedded bliss (cue more bourbon).  My best was the Sports Illustrated "All-Century Baseball Team" coffee table book.  Following such was a major " shutdown and cool-down stretch" which resulted in the creation of a back-up plan.  But practical is the first offering-BTW-life insurance is paid-up and when I'm no longer active on the forum in late Dec you will know I hit the proverbial "Home-Run"!  Have a great weekend!  And go "A's".
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    What's the advantage of the SS Cap over the daisy wheel?
    GWN
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Nanook said:

It's shiny and the wives like it more like it's a piece of jewelry.
  • Nanook
    Options
    hapster said:
    It's shiny and the wives like it more like it's a piece of jewelry.
    Ahhh, I see. Makes sense.....lol
    GWN
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    @Nanook - for those who cook out in the open, it keeps the snow/rain/hail/smog out of the egg. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • radamo
    Options
    @nanook my deck has no cover. This new top allows me to BBQ in serious rain. I have been happily using the DFMT without worrying what got into my cooks. With this top it will protect my cook no matter the weather.
    Long Island, NY
  • radamo
    Options
    For the rest of you... Lol. Been married over 20 years and I am looking to stay married. The egg topper was not her gift. Although she does like it!
    Long Island, NY
  • Nanook
    Options
    I'm sold. I might not really need one....., but now I want one! :)
    GWN
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Nanook said:

I'm sold. I might not really need one....., but now I want one! :)

@Nanook Since you're new here, I'll warn you. This place is expensive.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @DMW‌ hell ya it is expensive! Fished SS table, then got my Stoker. And now I can't hold back think I'm gonna go buy a CI DO. Just not sure if I want legs or no legs»»» ahhh $#i+! Or both :))
    Throw in all the toys and proteins it can get $$$. But, man I do love it!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Nanook
    Options
    Could think of worse ways to spend money.....
    GWN