Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Man's Best Friend

Options

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Dutch_egg
    Dutch_egg Posts: 28
    Options
    Here are my 4, a chocolate Lab, a miniature Dachshund and 2 rescue mutts, mainly Greyhound and Catahoula mix. they like hanging out together and are always circling the grill. image
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Remington
    I
    :P I like your outdoor setup. Do you have plans for it?
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Monty77
    Monty77 Posts: 667
    Options
    This is my best bud Winston, we do pretty much everything together!  Winston is a 5 year old Lab and an awesome companion.  I am never surprised by how intelligent dogs can be, if only I was smart enough to train him to fetch me a beer? 
    Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Monty77‌ great pic of y'all together ^~^
    Rather fitting with your Eggfest t-shirt on :-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Monty77
    Options
    @Monty77‌ great pic of y'all together ^~^ Rather fitting with your Eggfest t-shirt on :-)
    Not sure who loves the Egg more, the guy cooking, or the guy getting the scraps! 
    Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

• PoshPatios
    PoshPatios Posts: 41
    Options
    This is Tank, my little Maltese. I'm allergic to most other dogs so my options were kind of limited. But, you know... his names TANK! Thats manly.
    What is this? A center for ants!?
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @PoshPatios‌ Tank for a Maltese :-). Had a buddy with a Dachshund Kujo :-P
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • PoshPatios
    Options
    Nice! Cujo was my third option for a name, second only to Apache. He also (currently) has a blue mohawk. :)
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options

Nice! Cujo was my third option for a name, second only to Apache. He also (currently) has a blue mohawk. :)
    Apache is a wicked bird! Plenty of those fly over in my neck of the woods. Tank is a great name. ^~^

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • PoshPatios
    Options

Apache is a wicked bird! Plenty of those fly over in my neck of the woods. Tank is a great name. ^~^
    I love em. I fly Blackhawks but had always admired the Apaches. Do you have an Active Army base nearby or is it a National Guard Apache unit that flys around your area? The National Guard is losing all of their Apaches so if its NG, you wont be seeing them too much longer!
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    @Monty77‌ - great looking lab. Looks like my first lab, although he was a little lighter in color. I have seen that before - teach a dog to fetch a beer. Tie a towel on the fridge door where he can reach easily. Keep the beer in the same place in the fridge every time. Nose level or slightly below. You know the rest, treats and repetition. He will be fetching you beers before you know it.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • Monty77
    Options
    tulocay said:
    @Monty77‌ - great looking lab. Looks like my first lab, although he was a little lighter in color. I have seen that before - teach a dog to fetch a beer. Tie a towel on the fridge door where he can reach easily. Keep the beer in the same place in the fridge every time. Nose level or slightly below. You know the rest, treats and repetition. He will be fetching you beers before you know it.
    I like what I hear, thanks for the advice!  Part of me just feels a little guilty teaching him that, but he definitely lives to please.  I can't get over how amazing this breed can be, sense of smell, hearing, and most all, true love and adoration!  I take him everywhere cause he loves to be with me, and he is little to no trouble at all.  Are you still a Lab owner?  We are thinking about getting him a brother to play with.

• tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    Options
    @Monty77 - two is only about 8 times as much work as one.  But it's definitely fun.  Wiley is 12+ now, and slowing down a little.  We are considering a puppy - the theory is that the older one teaches the puppy some of his good habits (or else the puppy teaches the older one how to be bad).  Wiley only looks like a lab now - just got his summer do.image
    Santa Paula, CA
  • Monty77
    Options

tksmoke said:
    @Monty77 - two is only about 8 times as much work as one.  But it's definitely fun.  Wiley is 12+ now, and slowing down a little.  We are considering a puppy - the theory is that the older one teaches the puppy some of his good habits (or else the puppy teaches the older one how to be bad).  Wiley only looks like a lab now - just got his summer do.image
    We are wondering the same thing, Winston is trained to perfection and we hope he teaches the new pup all the good things, but you just never know!  Nice looking pup you have there, always smiling! 

• NPHuskerFL
    edited May 2014
    Options
    @PoshPatios‌ we live approx 5 miles from Camp Blanding which is an active Florida National Guard Base. Same one in which GI Jane was shot. I was active USN when I was in the Military. There is a sign that states the Sounds of Freedom. We joke and say the sound of the hutch shaking and foundation being tested for structural integrity. Lol. Lots of artillery, mortars, mines, Apaches and a couple of Blackhawks every now & then, etc etc. Years ago me and a buddy went fishing at one of the lakes on C.B. and the area was labeled "secure" and it was absolutely "PERFECT" no people and picturesque. So we snuck in w/ my old Jeep I used to have. Within about 2 minutes we were greeted by a bull horn telling us we are on secure grounds and don't move! We both held very high clearances so big deal we thought. We yelled back under liquid encouragement dude we're just fishing. Ya, low and behold this was an active mine field. Long story short got into no trouble but, was a bit frazzled. That'll learn us (what can I say I was 22 and love to fish). OBW the lakes are spring fed and absolutely gorgeous! I tend to salt water fish more but, the fishing there used to be awesome!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • tulocay
    Options
    @Monty77. Yep, still a lab owner. Have a 4 yr old black lab now. He has OCD! All he cares about is his tennis ball! Great drive and enthusiasm .
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    tulocay said:

@Monty77. Yep, still a lab owner. Have a 4 yr old black lab now. He has OCD! All he cares about is his tennis ball! Great drive and enthusiasm .

Psychotic ball and prey drive with this girl ^~^ Tennis balls don't stand a chance she systematically disassembles them to remove the squeaky :-). And she has a fondness for baby carrots. ;-)
    It's hard to believe some DB dumped her!

imageimageimageimage
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • tulocay
    Options
    Love it!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • PoshPatios
    Options
    @PoshPatios‌ we live approx 5 miles from Camp Blanding which is an active Florida National Guard Base. Same one in which GI Jane was shot. I was active USN when I was in the Military. There is a sign that states the Sounds of Freedom. We joke and say the sound of the hutch shaking and foundation being tested for structural integrity. Lol. Lots of artillery, mortars, mines, Apaches and a couple of Blackhawks every now & then, etc etc. Years ago me and a buddy went fishing at one of the lakes on C.B. and the area was labeled "secure" and it was absolutely "PERFECT" no people and picturesque. So we snuck in w/ my old Jeep I used to have. Within about 2 minutes we were greeted by a bull horn telling us we are on secure grounds and don't move! We both held very high clearances so big deal we thought. We yelled back under liquid encouragement dude we're just fishing. Ya, low and behold this was an active mine field. Long story short got into no trouble but, was a bit frazzled. That'll learn us (what can I say I was 22 and love to fish). OBW the lakes are spring fed and absolutely gorgeous! I tend to salt water fish more but, the fishing there used to be awesome!
    That's hilarious! Thankfully you guys didn't step on a mine. That could have been messy. haha
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    Options
    Our new addition to our family.  A cute red heeler puppy called Lucky.  What a handful he is, it been 18 years since we have had a puppy around...oh my.LOLimage

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @SMITTYtheSMOKER‌ that's a mischievous face for sure :o3 Congrats on your new family member. :-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    Options
    Oh yeah...  When you have an old dog who may have slowed down a bit, it's easy to forget what those puppy days were like,  Lucky just looks like a handful.  Congratulations - enjoy every moment.  As they say, if you don't take pictures, it didn't happen...
    Santa Paula, CA
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Took a piss and then....what? Does she think she's a cat? She cracks me up.
    Hidden treasure.: http://youtu.be/3rclzzriqd0
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • jllbms
    jllbms Posts: 381
    Options
    Daisy and Rowdy. Daisy is old, blind, diabetic, and has skin cancer. But she's hanging in and gets a world of love daily.
    Kemah, TX
  • Dave in Florida
    Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157
    Options
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • StillSmoken
    StillSmoken Posts: 327
    Options
    My boys Casey and Duke. Duke loves to guard the egg!!
    Kennesaw Ga. XL Egg. Cheers, Kevin
  • butert
    butert Posts: 202
    Options
    We just picked up little Emma one week ago.  She has not experienced the Egg yet but i'm sure she will love it!  image
    Cooking on a XL BGE from Allendale, Mi.
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Our Lili Ann loves ice cream! Here's a pup cup that's good for them as well. image
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014