Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Breasts

Options
bhugg
bhugg Posts: 317
I have two chickens breasts thawed and ready to go, but I am bored with the normal seasoned and grilled.  I need ideas to spice things up.  Whatcha got?
Large BGE Dallas, TX

Comments

• GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    +1
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    SWMBO and I love the Jack Daniel's marinade bags: 

Try the honey teriyaki bag with a bed of rice and grilled/steamed veggies.

A nice twist on the normal chicken breasts!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Fajitas or fried!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    My wife wouldn't touch chicken breast until I dipped them in Ranch dressing and covered in panko. We usually do them in the oven, so after they're done baking we can crank up the broiler to brown the crumbs, but have done them on the egg in a disposable aluminum pan.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Split 'em-flatten them out, and load with some cheese, sun dried tomatoes, and prosciutto.  Roll them up and tie,  layer outside with bacon and then indirect at around 350-400*F til done.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    DMW said:
    +1 more.  You can search "chicken bombs" for lots of ideas. 

If you are in the mood for a sammich then one I do often is teriyaki chicken with grilled pineapple on a kings Hawaiian roll.  I like to use the mini sub rolls if you can find them- they match the shape of a chicken breast better than a round bun IMO.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Cube them up. 

Take jalapeno pepper jelly and mix it with cream cheese. Cover the cube, wrap in bacon and then grill indirect at 350 till done!  

Or stir fry it. Or Kebabs. Or put it in gumbo/jambalaya.  How about smoking them then shredding them to make smoked chicken salad. 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Maizeandbrew18
    Options
    bhugg said:
    I have two chickens breasts thawed and ready to go, but I am bored with the normal seasoned and grilled.  I need ideas to spice things up.  Whatcha got?
    Sounds crazy but this is a makeshift easy recipe that we love:

Marinate your chicken for an hour or two in a mix of Italian dressing a salsa (maybe a 70% Italian: 30% salsa mixture).  Then in a sauce pan, get a mix of Italian/salsa mixture warm on the stove or BGE.

Grill them and toward the end, put a slice of provolone or any other white cheese on it to melt.  Then serve over a bed of white basmati rice and spoon over the salsa/Italian dressing mixture onto the chicken/rice.

Sounds crazy and way too simple but it's really good.
    Large BGE
    Lexington, SC