Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cumming, GA Question

Options
2»

Comments

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    Options
    mmundy81 said:
    My wife and I live in Cumming. I was kind of hoping to discover some new places from this thread as well. The Alpharetta/Milton area is pretty close. There is a Grand Champion there. It is excellent. You could also try Milton's Cuisine in the same area. It's not BBQ, but its a somewhat upscale place that serves great souther food.
    We are in Alpharetta currently and I would HIGHLY recommend Cans Taqueria (near Milton's Cuisine). 

Best fajitas I've ever had (not to mention the 32oz Tecate beer I get with it!)
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• mmundy81
    mmundy81 Posts: 36
    Options
    fence0407 said:

mmundy81 said:

My wife and I live in Cumming. I was kind of hoping to discover some new places from this thread as well. The Alpharetta/Milton area is pretty close. There is a Grand Champion there. It is excellent. You could also try Milton's Cuisine in the same area. It's not BBQ, but its a somewhat upscale place that serves great souther food.

We are in Alpharetta currently and I would HIGHLY recommend Cans Taqueria (near Milton's Cuisine). 

Best fajitas I've ever had (not to mention the 32oz Tecate beer I get with it!)

I'll give it a try. We are already huge fans of El Rio, which I believe you mentioned earlier.
  • sstripes96
    sstripes96 Posts: 152
    Options
    Lit said:
    Please don't go to cue or jim n nicks. Both a corporate BBQ places.
    Jim and Nicks was voted the #1 Chain BBQ joint in the country. My boss is from Memphis and is a huge BBQ Snob and he loves Jim and Nicks.
    Bud
    Large BGE
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Jim and Nicks was horrible. I paid like $16 for brisket and it was heavily sauced and little chips of meat it wasn't slices. We also got the sampler and I was not impressed with any of it. I have never gone back.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I have been to Jim and Nicks twice and have been disappointed both times. The brisket was awful.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Tigers34
    Tigers34 Posts: 37
    Options
    Rooster's Cafe is a neat place.  Ate there a couple of times last summer while in Cumming for a softball tournament.  Good wings and burgers.
  • laserdoc85
    laserdoc85 Posts: 577
    Options
    Don't bother with the varisty downtown. Nasty,nasty,nasty. It ain't what it used to be
    Jefferson .GA.  
    Been egging since 1985 on a medium egg
  • fence0407
    Options
    +1 on Rooster's Cafe - the old North Forsyth high school hangout

@Farbuck - please let us know where you end up going and what you think!
    Cumming, GA  

• fence0407
    Options
    @mmundy81 - first time I took SWMBO to El Rio (on a packed Friday night), I told her that our food would be on our table in under 4 minutes. At 3 minutes she finally believed me! On a side note, SWMBO has NEVER left El Rio in the driver's seat (that becomes my job!). The margaritas are a tad strong. They also serve their own "El Rio beer" for .99. It's Natty Light. :))
    Cumming, GA  

• Tbonez3858
    Tbonez3858 Posts: 102
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Scott boys BBQ food truck (mobile smoker) half way in between Cumming and Canton, Heirloom BBQ, Swallow in the hallow, Muss and turner, local three, little alley steak house, salt, table on main.
  • scaryangel
    scaryangel Posts: 135
    Options
    I live in Cumming. Swallow at the Hallow is a classic and has been in Roswell for years. I have eaten at Norman's Landing for years. It is predictably good seafood but not the best that I have ever had. I eat there about once a week because it is near work. Babas is really food. Don't let the fact that it is next to the Shell gas station scare you away because the food is really good. Fat Matts rib shack downtown is excellent. I also agree that the pork chunks at Coco's cuban restaurant is very good. Unfortunately we do not have really good barbecue restaurants in Cumming, Georgia which is why we have our Big Green Eggs. If you want good Italian food go to Sugo's in John's Creek which is below Cumming. Good Luck.
  • SmokeytheEGG
    SmokeytheEGG Posts: 149
    Options
    I live in Blue Ridge and Joe's is great.  Must try the potato salad.  My wife loves Jim's brisket.  It is a bit of a drive from Cumming. 
    Blue Ridge, GA