Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

XXL Just In!

Options
I stopped by my local dealer on the way home from and they were just rolling out the new XXL. They just got it in and put it together. 

I am posting some pics, but in all honesty they don't do it justice. It is massive. Way too big for me. I asked the price, and he said he wasn't sure but it would be between $4 and $5k. 

I told him I wasn't interested. I have a large and want another one, but that is just way too much egg for me. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's

Comments

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Your pictures don't do it justice because there isn't definition lol, next time put a child in the egg etc.
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    It just seems too big to be practical to use at home, IMO.

I'm sure there will be people to buy it, and who need it for large cooks, but the footprint, and the cost alone, I can't see it worth it unless you were a business, or did competition stuff perhaps.

Now.. the minimaxx.. they need to hurry up and get that to the dealers with a good price tag.
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • Griff2w2
    Griff2w2 Posts: 53
    Options
    Saw one of those in the store this weekend. Ridiculous doesn't begin to describe it
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    BYS1981 said:
    Your pictures don't do it justice because there isn't definition lol, next time put a child in the egg etc.
    Here's my ranch with a niece and nephew. It's bigger than the xxl I believe. It is one fine grill. 

• cookingdude555
    Options
    Just did the math, and while I don't think the xxl is worth the cost, I love my 26.75" kettle (smaller than the ranch above, but barely smaller than the xxl). It is nice being able to grill large volumes. Anyone thinking about an xxl should consider a 26.75 weber OTG, or if you want to double the xxl, the 37.5" ranch kettle.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I am pretty sure the xxl is the same size as the ranch 36".
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    It's diameter is 29.25, almost half the area of a ranch.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Your right not sure why I thought it was 36". What a rip for that price I would way rather get 2 xls.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    BYS1981 said:
    Here's my ranch with a niece and nephew. It's bigger than the xxl I believe. It is one fine grill. 

A much better option for only 3-4Gs less. 
    Honestly, the XXL's life will be short-lived. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    I saw one the other day too. You would need two guys to lift the grid out of that thing especially if it was hot. It's absolutely enormous!
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options
    I've not seen one, but maybe with the apparent size, it could be marketed toward competition cookers going against smokers with similar rack space?  Definitely seems beyond the reach of most even well-to-do avid backyard weekend warriors.  Seems like a HUGE jump in price over the XL.   

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    Underbite & dome not centered out of the box??
    Or is it my blind eyes??
    :-B
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I think you are right @Durangler

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    I saw one in action at last years EGGtoberfest. The guy cooking on it had 20lbs of chicken wings on it. There was still enough room for about 4 whole turkeys! IT. IS. MASSIVE. 
  • TexanEgger
    TexanEgger Posts: 37
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Saw one at the Texas Eggfest back in April.  Huge, and way too big IMHO for most practical eggers.  Here's a pic with me posing with it with a Large to my left.  For further context I'm 6' 5" tall so it's pretty big!

Some Grills Are More Equal Than Others!
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    Anyone heard about a release date/price for the Mini Max? Thinking about calling my dealer and seeing if they know anything about it.

OTOH - that XXL is insane! Maybe if I win the lottery one day...
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    I would LOVE to have one!!! don't need one but would Love to have one. Oh and certainly not in the budget. JJ

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Cymbaline65
    Cymbaline65 Posts: 800
    Options
    Too massive for me and my wallet. Not to mention, the amount of charcoal required to fire it up.
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    I can see restaurants/caterers needing something like this. Also the occasional guy that overcompensates :)
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    I'd like to fit them all inside eachother like a china doll set
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos