Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Food pr0n - Chef

nolaegghead
nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
http://www.imdb.com/video/epk/vi2927930649/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chef_(film)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2883512/

Love this kind of movie.  Great cast.

They should rate it based on the number of pounds you put on after watching.

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    That guy looks a lot like James Gandofini!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Thanks nola! I now know what I'm doing this evenung! :D
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • nolaegghead
    @TexanOfTheNorth - yeah, he sounds like him too.

@cazzy - I think there's a cameo or two by Aaron Franklin. http://austin.eater.com/archives/2014/02/26/heres-a-picture-of-aaron-franklin-in-jon-favreaus-chef.php
    They shot the movie in Miami, New Orleans and Austin.
    That looks great!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Looks like a sweet flick
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    I thoroughly enjoyed this movie!! Wow! Great plot, fabulous acting, believable skillsets and an invaluable message. As my mom and brother did, I've had a dream of having my own place at some point. This flick hit home and has inspired me not to be complacent with fulfilling this dream.

Thanks for posting Nola!
  • nolaegghead
    Glad you liked it @cazzy.  Now I really want to see it!
    Finally getting around to watching this. About 3/4 through now, great movie so far. First movie I've watched since I can't remember when.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    I've seen it twice (once thanks to delta). Great movie. Love the Franklins segment.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Just finished it, totally didn't see that ending. Great movie!
    @cazzy I know you have mentioned this one before, but thanks to your prior reviews for prodding me to take the time to watch a movie again.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    1st time seeing this thread. My local theater is having a film festival for the next 10 Wednesdays and this will be playing next Wednesday. I'm going! Thanks @DMW‌ for bumping the thread.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • cazzy
    edited September 2014
    DMW said:
    Just finished it, totally didn't see that ending. Great movie!
    @cazzy I know you have mentioned this one before, but thanks to your prior reviews for prodding me to take the time to watch a movie again.

Awesome!  Glad you liked it and happy I got you out to the cinema.  Now go see The Hundred-Foot Journey.   :D
  • stemc33
    Went to the movies last night before work to watch this movie. Awesome film. The demographic profile of the people that went to the theater was different than I suspected, but it made the movie more enjoyable.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • cazzy
    stemc33 said:

Went to the movies last night before work to watch this movie. Awesome film. The demographic profile of the people that went to the theater was different than I suspected, but it made the movie more enjoyable.

Glad you liked it...great movie!!
  • nolaegghead
    glad you enjoyed it.  I want to hear more about this demographic.
    Favorite scene was when the kid catches his dad's friend putting cornstarch on his balls.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Just pre ordered on iTunes. Looks like a great movie,
    Aurora,OH
  • stemc33
    glad you enjoyed it.  I want to hear more about this demographic.

@nolaegghead‌, I knew somebody was gonna ask for more information when I mentioned demographic profile. Mostly it was the age demographic I was referring too. But it also wasn't the typical movie crowd for our area. This group was made up more of the sophisticated type people. Kinda like wine connoisseur vs beer drinker. Empty nesters. I'm usually one of the older ones in the crowd and on Wednesday, I was probably the youngest. I don't know, the theater just had a good vibe. Sometimes it's weird when your the only that laughs and the other night it was like somebody was holding cue cards for laughter. It was an audience that was in sync.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965

Thanks for posting this, we were able to find time to see this last night and it was a good independent film to see. What made it even better is that the majority of the film took place in our home town.  The food truck thing has been going strong here for some time its called First Friday on Abbot Kinney  http://www.discoverlosangeles.com/blog/first-fridays-abbot-kinney-boulevard-welcome-neighborhood and it happens the First Friday of every month.  Food trucks start to gather scoping out parking spots at about 3pm and start serving shortly after and it normally lasts until about 11PM.  The attached link pictures the bar where the film was shot it also happens to be our local watering hole that we go to very often http://thebrig.com/.  Another great thing is they showed in the background of ending the original Kogi truck where the movie idea came from. This truck is very famous in LA at times it has lines an hour long but it is well worth it. http://kogibbq.com/  They would post there location on FB and people would circle around the neighbor hoods before they arrived hoping to be first in line. @nola if you are ever in the area you can find me at the Brig most weekends and I will take you for a tour of the area.  Thanks again for posting the movie

Hermosa Beach CA 
  • I took my family to see this a couple months ago.

Great film. 

1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC