Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Post: Another Canadian Egger (GTA)

Options
Hi All,

I've been lurking for nearly a year and finally got around to registering.  I've learned so much from this forum and have purchased an AR, wok and have made many meals thanks to the posters on this forum.  

I'll be buying a ticket for Eggfest in Toronto and hope to meet some of you in person.

1 Large BGE, 1 Keg & 1 Joe Jr

Ajax, Ontario

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @Little_Steven is a big guy around here. He's in Caledon and should be there. 

Otherwise, welcome from down south of the border!
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    speleoegg said:
    Hi All,

I've been lurking for nearly a year and finally got around to registering.  I've learned so much from this forum and have purchased an AR, wok and have made many meals thanks to the posters on this forum.  

I'll be buying a ticket for Eggfest in Toronto and hope to meet some of you in person.

Where in GTA? There are a few of us on here

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  And there does seem to be a recent influx of egger's from the GWN. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • speleoegg
    speleoegg Posts: 67
    Options
    Thanks, I'm pretty sure I used his advice with my last brisket in March.

Ajax, Ontario
  • speleoegg
    speleoegg Posts: 67
    Options
    speleoegg said:
    Hi All,

I'm in Ajax.   

Ajax, Ontario
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Welcome from Midlothian, Virginia, USA!
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • Chef Charles
    Chef Charles Posts: 871
    Options
    Welcome aboard.  It is always nice to see another Canuck join the fray.

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Welcome!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• jimi1234
    jimi1234 Posts: 101
    Options
    Toronto here. Spent some time living in Durham Region in my youth. 
  • pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Options
    awesome and welcome !!

I am also in  Toronto .
    Little Steven

See ya at eggfest !!
    Toronto
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Canada, eh? Welcome from the South!
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    @Little_Steven is a big guy around here. He's in Caledon and should be there. 

Otherwise, welcome from down south of the border!

=))

Welcome to the lifestlye. I'm up in Aurora. A lot of us are cooking at the Toronto Eggfest so make sure you introduce yourself. Look forward to meeting you.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Welcome from another canuck!  The brisket looks killer.  We'll be cooking at Toronto fest, look for my forum handle on the menu board ;))
    canuckland
  • JamesM
    JamesM Posts: 13
    Options
    Let me welcome you as well. I'm located in King City (Ontario) and do "Egg" about 3 nights a week, even in the miserable winter ;)
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    Welcome to you too James. You're next door to @TexanOfTheNorth (Aurora)! 
    canuckland
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Welcome @JamesM. Are you planning to attend the Toronto Eggfest next Saturday?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    speleoegg said:

@TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Damn... I had hopes for another Newfie on here:) Oh well,welcome to the club!!!

I feel so alone....lol
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    speleoegg said:

@TexanOfTheNorth
    Thanks. I had noticed and commented on @speleoegg coming to the Toronto Eggfest. I was asking @JamesM if he also had plans to come.

Of course we'd be delighted if you came up too @nolaegghead!
    Options
    Nice to meet everybody - i picked up a ticket and a Mini, not that I need one.  Looking forward to meeting everyone in person.

@canman1976, I'm a Montrealer so while I live in the GTA, I'll always be a Habs fan : )

Ajax, Ontario
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Wish I could attend.  Some day I'll visit Canuckistan, I've wanted to forever.
    Options
    Welcome aboard.  I'm down Cobourg way.  Can't make TO Eggfest, wish I could:(  I Egg all year round. 
    Large BGE, Weber 22.5 kettle, Weber Genesis
    Cobourg, Ontario
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Welcome from the left coast!

I feel so alone....lol
    Jamie - that's what makes you special. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • JamesM
    JamesM Posts: 13
    Options
    @TexanOfTheNorth‌ . I expect to be at the Eggfest next Saturday
  • tdeheer
    tdeheer Posts: 1
    Options
    Welcome to the board! This is my first post as well despite lurking for quite a while. I live in Woodstock ON. My wife won a LG BGE back in September 2013 and I have claimed it for my own since then.

I am hoping to make it to Egg Fest on Saturday just waiting to find out if I can get a baby sitter for my daughter. Assuming I make it I hope to meet some of you there!
  • BigWings
    BigWings Posts: 172
    Options

I feel so alone....lol
    Do ex-pats count?   Even if they were townies?  ;-)

I'll actually be in the Codroy Valley for two weeks in July.   No egging at that time, alas.

New Brunswick, Canada

• CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Options
    I'm a townie living out in kippens about 1.5 hrs from the codroy valley.... Beautiful spot!! Whatcha doing out there?
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • Monty77
    Monty77 Posts: 667
    Options
    Welcome, nice to see some another Canuck on board! 
    Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/

• bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    speleoegg said:
    speleoegg said:
    Hi All,

I'm in Ajax.   
    Another egghead in Ajax! Thought I was the only one! 
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)