Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turbo Ribs

DMurf
DMurf Posts: 481
I have struggled with ribs in the past, I have tried the 3-2-1 method but felt the ribs were mushy. I have tried to go low-n-slo but either over or under cooked the ribs. Yesterday I decided to follow some sage advise and go Turbo, well I will not be turning back.

Wen to Sam's Club and got a three pack of St. Louis style ribs, have never really been a baby back fan. Trimmed the ribs down and setup the egg for 350 indirect with hickory, sorry Mickey I don't have any oak on hand, just some Head Country rub. I had to chase the temp at the start of the cook. Just did not want to stabilize at 350, but I did get there. Two racks on the egg no peeking, turned after the first 1hr 20 mini (I went a little longer as the egg had to climb from 250).

Came out awesome. Great pull from the bone.

Here are photos of the finished product, sorry for the quality it was late and I was hungry!

David
BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.

Comments