Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Apple juice

Options
Mark0525
Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
Last time I cooked ribs they came out dry.  Can someone tell me the process in using a apple juice/apple cider mixture?  Thanks, Mark 

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    What type ribs did you cook and what was your setup and cook time. People typically don't have an issue with dry ribs on the egg so knowing how you did yours might us give you some advice.

FWIW, I do not use any spray, liquid in my drip pan or sauce and my ribs (always pork of some type) never come out dry.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Doing ribs turbo , I spray 50/50 mixture every 30 minutes.
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.
  • msloan
    msloan Posts: 399
    Options
    if you want to spritz then typically you can use some kind of mixture in a spray bottle that will include apple juice and apple cider vinegar or maybe some water…….i used to use a water pan with some apple juice in it and spritz with apple juice etc…..  it was just too much.

i took everyone's advice and eliminated all of that and my ribs aren't too dry but at times if i want a bit more moisture you choose to spritz just a bit but don't overdo it.
    gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!
  • Mark0525
    Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
    Options
    Thanks guys, Last time I made ribs I din't have anything in the drip pan and also I spritzed with only water.What should I put in the drip pan?  Thanks again.  These are st.louis  that I'm doing this time