Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Rib question.

Options
Alton
Alton Posts: 509
Will the 3-2-1 method work beef ribs? Thinking 250-275 .... Thoughts?
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    What kind of beef ribs? Back, chuck, or plate?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Alton
    Options
    Short...?
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited May 2014
    Options
    250* no foil, no sauce. Let them go til they're done. Might take awhile. Pull them when they probe tender. I put short chuck on at 9 this morning, pulled them at 4:30 this afternoon. Ran around 250* most of the day.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Alton
    Options
    Thanks
  • Alton
    Options
    What if I Foiled? Not planning sauce but thinking about foil.... thoughts?
  • ericp
    ericp Posts: 152
    Options
    +1 with @dmw but sometimes I foil ribs with a light vinegar sauce but only for about 30-45 min
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,338
    Options
    For me foil on the beef ribs (generally chuck short ribs) doesn't seem to drive them to the "fall-off-the-bone" stage as easily as pork ribs.  If the guests want fall off the bone then i will foil some.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.