Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A couple of seafood cooks...

caliking
caliking Posts: 18,727
Stocked up on seafood at Costco - scallops, halibut, salmon, and a tuna steak. Figured it would be a seafood extravaganza this year for the Memorial Day weekend.

Cook 1: Scallops (not on the egg)
Popped these in the SV. First time I've done SV scallops, so in they went for 20mins at 140°. Seared in some EVOO on the stove. Dressed with a "semi-pesto" sauce - basically just basil from the garden, garlic, pepper, and sea salt, all pulsed together. Quinoa salad form Costco for the side. 

These were not the best scallops I've ever had, but probably the second best and still outstanding. The semi-pesto sauce was killer and so simple. Next time I will probably try 15mins in the SV. SWMBO was impressed that we were dining so fancy on a weeknight :)

Cook 2 - Halibut roulade
First time cooking halibut. The piece was a large-ish filet, so I figured I could roll it up. Made the filling indoors - onions, cumin seed, salt, pepper, garlic, spinach. Seasoned the fish with Julio's (thanks @Mickey - its good stuff) and spread the filling on it. Rolled it, tied it, and threw it on the egg at about 375°F, raised direct, with peach wood for smoke. 

Pulled when the fish hit 120°F. Dressed with a lemon thyme sauce. 

I don't know why I've never made halibut before! Turned out WAY better than any salmon I have made. Next time, I'm buying halibut over salmon for sure. 

Grilled some fresh pineapple wedges for dessert, since the egg was still hot. Topped with brown sugar, cayenne, and a dash of cinnamon.

I don't know how the vanilla gelato got there.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend with their families and veterans.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments