Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

GA Mountain Eggfest - Mega Pics - Part 2

R2Egg2Q
R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
I think they had more attendees for the classes than they expected.
A very full brisket class taught by mollyshark (I arrived on time but seating was already long gone) Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Vidalia1 taught an Egg 101 class Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Celtic Wolf conducting the Wok'n the Egg class Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
There were also classes on Veggies and seafood that unfortunately I missed as we were so stuffed from eating that we needed to walk it off by strolling down to the Chatuge Lake and up to the Rhododendron garden at the top of the fairgrounds. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

The food stopped being served at 3 PM to allow the Demo Eggs time to cool off. At 3:30, the drawing started for prizes for the cooks. Here's a look at the bounty for the cooks: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
There was also a raffle for a Small Egg in a nest which the lucky gentleman in the red sweatshirt won: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Cooks eagerly waiting for prizes and hoping for the rain to stop Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Unfortunately, the rain didn't stop. Here's the Dyal family after winning their first of two prizes. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Here's Egret displaying Lawn Ranger's spatula and grid lifter (handles engraved with the fest name and date) Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Lit was apparently one of the only people that believed the forcast and came prepared with an umbrella and left with a prize Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Vidalia1 winning a cutting board Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Spring Chicken accepting a High-Que charcoal grate on behalf of Spring Hen (oddly enough right after winning a grate himself) Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
mollyshark winning a gift certificate from the Ceramic Grill Store Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Winner of the Mini Egg Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
C Tredwell - A happy winner of the Small Egg Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
And one really happy winner of the Large Egg Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

We had a little break while folks cleaned up and 100+ demo eggs went to some new or repeat Eggheads. Then it was on to the After Party. Here's the venue as folks started trickling in: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
And thankfully the weather cleared up Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
We started off with some of Mattogrosso's sausage and anchovies while waiting for some Eggs to arrive Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Celtic Wolf graciously allowed us to use his two Eggs Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
And team Dyal brought their Mini (along with a strange heavy chunk of something in his bag of RO) Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
The Eggs were fired up and food went on as folks streamed in Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
SharonA brewing some coffee that she had roasted Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Food started appearing on a few tables. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Uncle Jay filled on a Dutch oven with his shrimp and sausage Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Dyal_SC paired some MOINK balls with Carnivore BBQ's Robust BBQ sauce Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Not sure who cooked this but it looked good Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Misu broke out the skewers of picanha Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Overall, with the exception of some rain, it was a great fest! John Hall and his team did a heck of job with a rather large fest (2nd largest after the Corporate EGGtoberfest). I'd love to return to a future GA Mountain Fest and cook (just need to figure out the logistics and sign up immediately after cooks tickets are available as they sell out incredibly fast). Thanks @Egret for all the work you do for this fest!

I'm glad my wife and I made the trip out from California. Georgia was a lot of fun and the people were incredibly nice. When the weather was nice the views were great too!
North GA mountains heading to Blue Ridge Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Anna Ruby Falls Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Stone Mountain (park where the EGGtoberfest is held) Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Amicalola Falls Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
The Mothership
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA

Comments

• RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• Brianj5685
    Brianj5685 Posts: 57
    @R2EGG2Q Thanks for sharing the pictures.  I am the lucky guy who ended up walking away with the small BGE (red sweatshirt).  This is my second egg, and it has already been broke in nicely this week.  I am still in shock that I walked away with with it, I never win anything!!!  We drove up from North AL on Friday evening and had a blast.  I also indulged in some of the better cooks I have ever tasted as well, as well as picked up a few tips.  The PEACH ENCHILADAS were off the hook!!!!

After reading your comments, it dawned on my that you were my draw in the first Rub & Sauce Exchange we did last July.  Crazy, i know....I wish i would have gotten a chance to speak with you on Saturday...maybe in Oct. @ Eggtoberfest if you get a chance to make it.

Anyways I thought you may enjoy that....Happy Egging

"Live Fast, Die Fun"

LBGE

Roll Tide 
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Can I come next year but just go to the after party?  :D
    LBGE/Maryland
  • fasteddiem
    fasteddiem Posts: 212
    Awesome PIcs! Thanks for making the trip and documenting the AMAZING FEST! 
  • tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    Great documentation of what was clearly a great event.  Thanks so much!  I'm looking forward to the SoCal Eggfest next week.  It will be my first.  Hope to meet a bunch of the SoCal folks - you know who you are...
    Santa Paula, CA
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Nice post thanks !
    Seattle, WA
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    I would like to attend an Eggfest. Im going to talk to my dealer about getting one set up here in KC. Thank you for sharing your photos. Looked like a good time was had by all.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • R2Egg2Q
    edited May 2014
    @R2EGG2Q Thanks for sharing the pictures.  I am the lucky. guy who ended up walking away with the small BGE (red sweatshirt).  This is my second egg, and it has already been broke in nicely this week.  I am still in shock that I walked away with with it, I never win anything!!!  We drove up from North AL on Friday evening and had a blast.  I also indulged in some of the better cooks I have ever tasted as well, as well as picked up a few tips.  The PEACH ENCHILADAS were off the hook!!!!

After reading your comments, it dawned on my that you were my draw in the first Rub & Sauce Exchange we did last July.  Crazy, i know....I wish i would have gotten a chance to speak with you on Saturday...maybe in Oct. @ Eggtoberfest if you get a chance to make it.

Anyways I thought you may enjoy that....Happy Egging

Congrats on winning the Small Egg @Brianj5685 ! That is too funny that you won the Egg and that my Elf was standing just a few feet away from me and we didn't know it. You had a look of disbelief when you realized you had the winning ticket!
    My odds of making it to Eggtoberfest probably aren't too good (at least for this year). However, GA probably hasn't seen the last of me! :D

Looks like you need to add that SBGE to your signature!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • R2Egg2Q
    Awesome PIcs! Thanks for making the trip and documenting the AMAZING FEST! 

Thanks Eddie! By the way, your goetta sliders were great! We really liked it.

Bay Area, CA
  • R2Egg2Q
    Just realized it might be a good idea to provide a link to Part 1 of the Eggfest pics as they're now pages apart: http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1165976/ga-mountain-eggfest-mega-pics-part-1

Bay Area, CA
  • Brianj5685
    Brianj5685 Posts: 57
    Does anyone have a link to the recipes of the cooks at GA Mountain Eggfest?!?
    "Live Fast, Die Fun"

LBGE

Roll Tide 
  • R2Egg2Q
    Egret is collecting the recipes and likely will post them on his Eggfest site in the recipe area: http://www.mountainegg.com/recipes.php

Bay Area, CA