Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's everyone cooking this weekend?

Options
2»

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Hotch said:

Have a few friends over to swim and party.

We will be smoking a pork butt to make our Baja Wave Tequila Lime Tacos and then some Tequila Lime Cookies with a TequilaGlaze.

With Margaritas of course.

It's a Tequila weekend to start off the summer.

:D
    I feel drunk reading this....:)
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Tjcoley said:
    grege345 said:
    @Tjcoley what's your plan of attack on the Philly roast pork?

Tony Luke's style. Season up a pork roast, maybe some light smoke, and probably use a CI DO to finish it. It's a work in progress. Hopefully I can get some Liscio's rolls from the local Farmers Market.

Trying to fine tune the one I did a couple weeks ago. http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1165535/philly-roast-pork-ala-tony-luke-s#latest
    bdollens Posts: 31
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Depending on the crowd coming over, either Brisket or Pork Butt. Also doing Chicken for lunch through the week and a fruit tart for desert. Will even have the Crock Pot going as well unless I can get the second egg today/tomorrow (which is the plan.)

Large, soon to have another size TBD

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I'll be pickling my liver on a Chicago pub crawl drunk induced haze.  Hope to make CenTex proud.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• CheeseheadinAZ
    Options
    @DWM guys at Little Miss BBQ cook the short ribs at 250 for roughly 10 hours. I'll have to ask him what temp he looks for. His are spot on every time. :)
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Those look amazing! I'll budget plenty of time this time and wait til they are done.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    I have decided to give Travis's Brisket recipe a whirl......Ihttp://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1138233/brisket-how-i-do-it/p1 found all the ingredients at our local store..I will be doing a 8 pound packer, which I got from Costco...This will be for Sunday..

Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • vettman
    vettman Posts: 26
    Options
    Looks like ribs and smoke sausage, for dessert gonna try graham cones with marshmellows and chocalote a type of smores.  You pack the cones with mellows and choc or caramel and place them in jalapeno stand.....ummmm!!  Thanks for fellow Vets that served and remembering those lost.

Doug

LG, MiniMax BGE

• Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Wife just called from Sam's Club. Baby Backs are inbound-
  • CheeseheadinAZ
    Options
    Well I think I'm ready for the weekend. Got my new gaskets from @RPP. Just got back from the butcher with 2 pork butts, a 15lb choice packer and some prime short ribs. Waiting for me at the door was 5 bags of Rockwood from firecraft (free shipping with orders of $99). I think it's now time to pop a cold one, trim the brisket and plan my timing. Awesome start to the weekend. Hope you all have a great one! Cheers!
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Sounds like you have a great menu ahead of you. Starting simple here, brats. And yes there is beer. image
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • CheeseheadinAZ
    Options
    DW i was just thinking of what to make for this evening since everything I brought to the compound was a long cook!  You may have just answered my question.  Going to have to call in a last minute stop to the wife. :)  Thanks for the inspiration.  They look damn good!
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Options
    I ride a motorcycle and belong to a group of riders that are coming for a RTE (ride to eat), it looks like we will have 51 coming.  I am making 2 briskets, 12 racks of ribs and a pea meal bacon, incase anybody is still hungry we have 16 sausages.  Had to borrow my brother faux egg to make this happen.

Gerhard
  • Farbuck
    Farbuck Posts: 276
    Options
    Sunday will be cedar-planked salmon.

Monday - ribs.

I love holiday weekends

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA
  • TFols
    TFols Posts: 241
    Options
    Thinking about giving paella a try tomorrow.
    Bloomfield, NJ