Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Signature Photo

egret
egret Posts: 4,168
How do I change the photo in my sig?  >:P

Comments

• EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Hey Egret, click on your handle name under "My Profile" on the right, then click on "Edit Profile". You can then click on "Change My Picture" on the left.  Hope this helps!  Thanks again for all your hard work in putting on a SPECTACULAR and WELL ORGANIZED Eggfest!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    On mobile, just go to your profile and click on the picture. A window pops up that asks you to upload a new picture.
  • egret
    Hey Egret, click on your handle name under "My Profile" on the right, then click on "Edit Profile". You can then click on "Change My Picture" on the left.  Hope this helps!  Thanks again for all your hard work in putting on a SPECTACULAR and WELL ORGANIZED Eggfest!
    That changes the pic in my profile. I'm talking about the GA Mt. Eggfest photo in my signature.
  • r8rs4lf
    r8rs4lf Posts: 317
    edited May 2014
    I was just going to say that!

I believe the only way to get a pic in your signature is to have a picture site host your pic, then you can imbed it here.

In that box where you would type something, there is a tab that says "insert image", but like I said, you would have to have it hosted somewhere else.

I could be wrong, but I used to use a pic hosting site and imbed all my pics like that.
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,136
    Click your name.

On the right, click "edit profile"

On the left, click "Signature Settings"

And there you have it!  
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    Maybe this will work?

Go to your profile, click "Edit Profile" (right column) and then click on "Signature Settings" (on the left column). 

Fingers crossed...  
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • egret
    I tried the "Signature Settings" deal and, when I delete the current pic and try to insert another one it wants a "http:" number and I don't have one. Why don't one of you try to put a pic in yours and see if you can do it? You can always remove it.......or, you can get me to help you........nah, don't do that!!?
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    edited May 2014
    here we go John, hope it'll let me remove it later!

edit: picture is showing in my sig, let me know when you want me to delete it.  I'm speculating this is how to delete photo in sig ... highlight the photo (it turns blue), then press 'delete' on keyboard, then 'save'?

edit: sig photo removed.  yup, to add sig photo you need to upload photo to a hosting site, then use 'insert image' icon to paste the image url.
    canuckland
  • r8rs4lf
    r8rs4lf Posts: 317
    I frequent a few forums and most of them only allow a certain size for signature pictures. Don't really know how it works here.

If I had a Photobucket account, I could show you how it works with imbedding the picture here. 

Under the signature tab, there is no "attach file" so there is no way to upload a pic from your computer. A pic hosting site gives you the "http:" you are talking about.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Hey John,

I think for your signature you can only add an image URL, so you will have to upload the picture to photobucket or something similar. 

Your current sig pic is in photobucket  (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/wjhall/2014Banner.png)

You should be able to edit your signature and just delete that pic, then click the "add image" button and paste a new URL. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• MaskedMarvel
    Hmm.. Testing to see if .sig changed after a simple rt click and paste...

Large BGE and Medium BGE

• MaskedMarvel
    edited May 2014
    imageStrange...

You can rtclick/paste into the body but not into the sig, even though it initially shows up there...

Large BGE and Medium BGE

• egret
    YEEESSSSSS!! Got it! Put image up on Photobucket and there you have it.......thank all of you for taking your time to offer your help. I really do appreciate it!
  • chashans
    chashans Posts: 418
    Test
    LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited May 2014

egret said:
    .....thank all of you for taking your time to offer your help. I really do appreciate it!
    After all you've done for the egg community, I would have been amazed if folks didn't try to help. I tried too, but by the time I had it written, 2-3 others had already said it (Sig Settings) so I didn't post. We were wrong, LOL, but we tried.

One of these days, maybe I'll make it to Hiawassee and see what the fuss is all about. And now I know when next year's is! :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut